Tj pitman arm

• maybe to reduce the steering drag link angle. i neded one to lessen the angle on staffords jeep and adjusted the track bar angle so it got rid of the death wobble. not all jeeps are created equally. if he wants to try dp arm whats the big deal.

with all due respect keith if he wanted to debate the need for a dp arm he would have asked the question in jeep tech. this is the 4 sale board, its for helping people find what they want not to debate their choices.i know you are probably just trying to help, but it comes across as critisism.

mods do with this what you want and sorry to go off topic

aaron

• My buddy needs one. He just lifted his jeep with a rough country 4" and it didn't come with t. His steering angles are way off and he's got a issue with the front tires tucking in. Almost looks like a camber issue. We were gonna try the pitman arm to see if it changes anything.

• My buddy needs one. He just lifted his jeep with a rough country 4" and it didn't come with t. His steering angles are way off and he's got a issue with the front tires tucking in. Almost looks like a camber issue. We were gonna try the pitman arm to see if it changes anything.

Alright, only asked because most don't understand that in 99.5% of all cases it's not needed with 4" of lift on a TJ.

In fact, it will only add bump steer if you don't relocate the track bar to match.

That's why most lifts don't come with it.

It's certainly not going to change the camber.

I'm sure someone will post up with one for you.

• Ignorance is bliss, Aaron.

I wasn't looking for a debate.

Saw he's a relatively new guy with his first Jeep.

Slapping on a drop pitman arm is a mistake many newbs make that just causes more problems than it will ever fix.

Are you just cranky because I picked on your welds? :hysterical:

• if it helps, i think a stock xj arm will give a tj 3" drop. you could probably find one for little or nothing.
    good luck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!