NOT new...but IM BACK

• Picked up a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited tonight from Adams Jeep. Glad to be back in the family. Submitted my application, but need payment address for PAYPAL. seemed like it should have linked me by the drop down screen, but it didnt. HELLLLPPPPPP and HELLLLLLLLOOOOOO again :)

• Nice to see you back Dave! Now I just have to get one!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• only pic i have right now is on the dealer lot. (sent to wife for approval LOL).. It's a Black Unlimited Sport S , Auto, Tinted soft top, Tow upgrade (3.73 gears) Ill take some pics this weekend. It's good to be back...still drove around today with the top down...Because i could

• so the wife says today "it sits so low...it looks like something is broken" I love this woman. She already wants me to throw some 33's and a 2.5 lift under it. I guess the smoke cleared from buying it without her :)

• You need to get into the JK mindset now... with a 2.5" lift you can fit 35s. The Sport S package comes with 32s!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• You need to get into the JK mindset now... with a 2.5" lift you can fit 35s. The Sport S package comes with 32s!

3.5" to fit 35's with no control arm or drive shaft changes was awesome for me. .......and it handles better.
    Though, I still loved it stock. :)

I miss the the old screen name Dave...... ;( It threw me off seeing the new one.

• I agree about the name...just doesn't look right...it's back...and ill let the signature explain it.

I got the 3.73 gear package...how will 35's affect gas mileage and performance (not that im worried...but would be nice to stay better than 15mpg.

lifts as easy as they were on the TJ? seems simple enough.

thanks for the heads up on the exhaust....

• [size=5]NOW[/size] your back!! Still waiting on pics though :laughabove:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Ooooo purdy! ;D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I run 305/70/17 which equal 34" and I have 3.21 gears. I get on average 20-21 mpg highway and 15-16 city. I have gotten 23.1 mpg on the highway once on cruise control but that was a longer non stop drive. I may be wrong but I don't think that your 3.73 gears will have to work as hard to turn the same tires that my 3.21 gears would. I do not suspect that your 3.73 gears will have and issue with the 35s and gas mpg. Im thinking of re-gearing for a little more power.

• great info...what lift did you go with. im thinking about the AEV 2.5 inch lift. what did you do to correct the driveshaft/exhaust issue

thanks

• great info...what lift did you go with. im thinking about the AEV 2.5 inch lift. what did you do to correct the driveshaft/exhaust issue

thanks

I have a 3" Zone lift. I did not do anything to fix the drive shaft issue since I do not have a rub issue until full drop of the axle. If I put it up on a lift and have the axle drop all the way it will hit the pipe. I have been to RC a couple of times and have not had an issue. However the in expensive fix is to get the exhaust spacer kit from Zone, BDS, or Teraflex. They are the cheapest at Zone about $42. Or the expensive route is to get a new smaller diameter front DS or the AFE y pipe that reroutes the exhaust behind the crossmember. I am not sure how the AEV lift will measure up since you may get a little more than 2.5" out of the lift but the spacers do the trick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!