• So this may sound a bit corny to some (I couldn't find it on the DEJA board going back as far as 2006) and I just saw it on JF and figured it might be a fun topic here.

Has anyone named their Jeep? :shrug:
    I am still thinking of a name for the YJ. I always refer to it as "her" but nothing yet definitive. I've called her some not so loving names :cuss: when she breaks down or if I bust a knuckle during a repair. My wife already thinks I spend more time with "her" (the Jeep) than with her (the Wife). :laughing: Just fishing... don't want to steal anyone's Jeep name. I've thought about "Christine" recently when she kept stalling in the middle of the road. It was like she wanted to kill me or something. If it wasn't death by being hit and run over it was death from sheer embarrassment as I was having to push her off to the shoulder.

Examples of vehicles I've owned:
    1. 1985 Chevy Celebrity (4dr) - Ol Betsy
    2. 1989 Chevy Celebrity (wagon.. thanks Mom) - Mabel
    3. 1987 Chevy Silverado - Buster
    4. 2001 Chevy Cavalier - Sexy Sasha (this was my first New car)

Usually a name will present itself but I've had the YJ for 2 yrs now and nothing yet. Buddy of mine suggested "Sarge" b/c of the camo. I then retorted with "Sergeant Slaughter" b/c she's "slaughtering" my wallet. :idiot: ...but that sounds too masculine and I just don't see my YJ as a "dude"! Maybe Bridget... after Bridget Nealson. Tough, sexy, strong personality... but then there's the whole Flava Flav thing. :doh:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Because I had a tendency to buy several versions of the same model, it
    became essential to name my Jeeps to differentiate between them. My
    pattern was to decide on a name based on their colour - it helped make odd
    names seem more... traditional. My suggestion - decide on what aspect of
    your jeep YOU like the most, then thesaurus that word and see what pops up
    (ie - Carmine is a shade of red, who knew...) At the very least it'll get the
    brain juices flowing in the right direction.

Good Luck!

Jeep Wrangler X (Skye)
    Jeep Comanche Pioneer (Carmine)
    Jeep Comanche SporTruck (Sapphire)
    Jeep Grand Wagoneer (Isabella)
    Jeep Comanche Eliminator (Raven)
    Jeep Sj Cherokee Chief WT 401 (Snow)
    Jeep J20 (Lacy)
    Jeep Grand Wagoneer (Indigo)
    Jeep Comanche Chief (Gracie)
    Jeep Sj Cherokee NT 4dr
    Jeep Sj Cherokee WT (Storm)
    Jeep Comanche Eliminator (Scarlet)
    Kaiser M35A2 6x6 (Olive)
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara (Cloud)
    Jeep Comanche X (Blu)

• Jeep Scrambler - Rusty

My GPS (Since she talks to me) is named Gladys

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Mine has had servel names it started with baby brown because that,s what color it was when I got it. Lately it has been called the mutant i guess cause it was all different colors and morphing into something else.

• My wife names mine. She named it peej (peaj) as in jeep backwards. She's an inventive one! Haha.

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• I named my old one "Warthog" because of the tow hooks on the front and the body armor. Oh and I never washed it. Haven't named the new one yet.

• Mine is known as Slimer. Both for the color and the fact that I can't work on it without getting slimed.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I think my husband named ours Oscar.. I kinda like it ( with all the acting .. he/she will do! ) lol.. I know Oscar is a boys name.. but suppose i wanted a girl!! :mrgreen:

• We haven't named our Jeep yet, but my 94 Ranger is called the "Grey Ghost" 284,000 miles, and it keeps coming back...
    But I'm sure that the Jeep will get a name shortly....
    Our GPS is "Gabby"... when I had verizon navigaor, we called her "Bitching Betty".

Rev.1. I think we just named her "Natalie".

• So I've narrowed it down to a few choices. The snow camo paint constantly reminds me of arctic regions and it's my favorite mod to the Jeep so far. Inuit names are very hard to pronounce so I went Russian with all but one of my choices.

Nadiya - means Hope... just like I "hope" when I turn the key every morning it will start and stay running

Anastasiya - means Resurrection... seems like I'm always trying to bring her back from the dead these days (short form is Asya)

Kira - means Mistress... how my wife thinks of her :shrug:

Chloe - (Greek) means Growing... just liked the name and Jeeps are always growing w/ mods and repairs right? I confess I just really like this name! :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!