2013 JKU Cammando Green

• So what do you guys and girls think about the options on the unlimited sport version? Do you think I would have an issue with the 3.21 gearing? and it is a 5spd automatic

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• 3.21 is the gas mileage gear... It's fine if you're sticking to stock tires, but if you plan on going bigger you may want the 3.73 gears.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I would highly recommend driving both a 3.21 and 3.73 before you buy. You're looking at an automatic so it may be fine with 3.21s. With a manual, the 3.21s are so tall that you spend more time in lower gears and always need to downshift for any acceleration from cruising conditions. I figure those factors partially negate any fuel savings the 3.21s were intended to provide. I don't know if the auto would behave similarly.

Don't worry about finding what you want on the lot. You can custom order exactly what you want and have it in your driveway in about a month. I ordered my '13 on 7/27 and it was sitting in my driveway on 8/29. I even had to wait for allocation to open on manuals.

• I was thinking about the Rubicon just wasnt sure if that was cost effective or not? Also I was thinking I should adjust the gearing as I thought that was way too low. This would be my "Family" Jeep so not too much offroading especially since I do have the other Jeep for that ;D

2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• 3.21 is the gas mileage gear... It's fine if you're sticking to stock tires, but if you plan on going bigger you may want the 3.73 gears.

True. I have a 2 door with larger tires and 3.21 gears. If I had some money I would upgrade to 3.73 or 4.10 for some more power. since I use it mostly for the road the 3.21 are ok. I get about 18-20 highway average on rt 1 doing 75mph. If you have the option get the 3.73 gears and you will have a better time with larger tires if your going to upgrade. But if your going to stay stock get the standard 3.21 gears for better mpg.

I was thinking about the Rubicon just wasnt sure if that was cost effective or not? Also I was thinking I should adjust the gearing as I thought that was way too low. This would be my "Family" Jeep so not too much offroading especially since I do have the other Jeep for that ;D

This depends. The rubi is nice if you don't really want to replace large items. If you want to build your jeep than a sport is the way to go. Why build a rubi if your going to change out all the rubi parts. However, the rubi holds more value in the long run. I agree with Matt if I had the extra $$$ at the time I would have gone Rubicon its really hard to beat a D44 both front and back stuffed with factory lockers.

• i got the 3.73's with the tow package. Worth every penny. I have 33's and still average 18MPG. I towed my boat home from central, pa, and had no issues keeping speed on the mountains, and still averaged 15.8MPg towing. just having the trans cooler made it worth it to me.

• I saw a JKU in that color at BCP on Kirkwood Hghwy this past weekend. Awesome! :up:

I like the desert tan ones too. I saw a guy in Fox Run a few weekends ago that had a really nice looking lifted JKU in the desert tan <drool>......

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I really regret not getting a desert tan Jeep... But I could only find 3 within 400 miles that were close to what I wanted. They ran out of the paint in September 2011. :(

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Jerrod, this is what you need for the beach. It will be done in a four door for the show. :driving:
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure…-ordered/?intcmp=features

Billy that would be nice!
    I do think I should order a Rubicon with 3.73 gears since I do want to upgrade the tires to probably 33s and I dont really want to swap out the axles. altough the sport does come with a Dana 44 rear.

2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• You can get 3.73 gears in a sport or sahara, but 4.10s are only available in the Rubicon.

But, 33s aren't worth it for an upgrade over the stock Rubicon 32s. Might as well jump to 35s with a budget boost. And, if you're planning for 35s and want a Rubicon, then just go for the 4.10s, it'll give a pretty close power match to a stock Sport. I stuck with 3.73s on mine because I knew I was trying to keep it stock for a little while and didn't want to lose too much gas mileage.

Jerry / Whatevah

• You can get 3.73 gears in a sport or sahara, but 4.10s are only available in the Rubicon.

But, 33s aren't worth it for an upgrade over the stock Rubicon 32s. Might as well jump to 35s with a budget boost. And, if you're planning for 35s and want a Rubicon, then just go for the 4.10s, it'll give a pretty close power match to a stock Sport. I stuck with 3.73s on mine because I knew I was trying to keep it stock for a little while and didn't want to lose too much gas mileage.

Makes me wonder if my gas mileage would improve with 3.73 or 4.10s. I know power would be better

• Either should show an improvement with your 34s, hard to say which would be better.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!