has anybody done any surf fishing lately?

• whats up guys, I'm putting out feelers to see if anyone has been on the beaches fishing recently. We are heading down to henlopen to hit point beach tomorrow. The fishing reports sound hot with lots of puppy drum and kingfish being caught. Has anyone heard of any substantial stripers or blues in the area? If anyone has been out let me know how you did. we may fish a different beach if we here that there is someplace better to go, the Henlopen beaches are the only ones that i got to fish over the summer so i'm open to suggestions. THANKS

• I've been out recently. Kings are doing good. Puppy are right in the surf... seriously like 10 ft out. haha.

Some short stripers are there as well. If you want the big boys you have to be in a boat this time of year. Or if you are lucky you can snag up some keeper stripper in the IRI.

Blues are getting bigger. We just landed some up to 19 inch on full fresh mullet. You can go with some smaller hooks like 1/0 cir or octopus and cut bait and get the smaller blues, kings, drum, or even the occasional weakfish. My buddy just came home with a football of a weakfish. :fishing:

I have had better luck further south by the inlet on the beach. Cape is getting better but I would go south of the jetties at herring point if I was to fish cape.

Good luck, and happy fishin.

• Thanks for the info, we loaded up on fish bites and wound up with a ton of fresh finger mullet, think we'll check out Herring point. we'll post up some pics if we find fish :wavey:

• the marine forecast is good for tomorrow, 2-4 footers with wind coming from east to northeast at 10-15 knots with a gust to 2 every now and then.. Saturday morning they are saying 4-8 footers with the wind 15-20 with some higher gusts, sunday is a stay at home day 25-35 knot winds starting sunday afternoon. tomorrow should be a good weather and fish day

• the marine forecast is good for tomorrow, 2-4 footers with wind coming from east to northeast at 10-15 knots with a gust to 2 every now and then.. Saturday morning they are saying 4-8 footers with the wind 15-20 with some higher gusts, sunday is a stay at home day 25-35 knot winds starting sunday afternoon. tomorrow should be a good weather and fish day

Yeah sunday is out for sure. But your right tomorrow will be nice. Too bad I have to work. :down:

• fished Herring Point Beach for a good three and a half hours, not a nibble. moved up to point beach, slammed blues until dark, counted five vehicles on the beach, light wind from the east, 2-4 foot waves and lots of sunshine... what an awesome day. we fished hard for puppy drum and kings and found none.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!