Greasing the U-joint

• The u-joints on my rear drive shaft are the type that have the recessed grease fitting on the end cap (as opposed to the nipple style in the corner). I believe they are Precision (NAPA) brand. The grease gun thread-on adapter I bought at NAPA yesterday doesn't fit my mini-style gun -- naturally! I really do not want to spend $18 on the snap-on type of adapter, and am not so sure how well it would work anyway.
    Should I switch back to "regular" u-joints next time I change them? For now, should I just by the snap-on adapter? Other suggestions?

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Use a pointed grease gun tip. They work g reat

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Flexible hose.

X2 Another good attachment is a tip that slides from the side. They're handy when you can't get to the fitting easily.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!