Metal Cutting Saws

• We have a porta-band and a Dewalt abrasive chop saw at work that we use for cutting tube, angle, etc.

The boss hates the Dewalt because it throws so many sparks.

A true wet running cold saw is out of our budget.

Has anyone here used the dry running carbide chop saws?

How are they?

• I have a dry cut saw made by Evolution. I picked it up from Kean gas. I paid $400 and it included the blade. New blades are around $100. I put the saw in the, i wish i bought this sooner, catagory. It is loud and it throws chips, but it cuts quick and does not heat the metal. It will also make thin cuts. Btw you cannot use the blades on friction saws becuase of the higher rpm.
    Aaron

• That thing is a beast. It does throw a lot of chips.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• That thing is a beast. It does throw a lot of chips.

Chips we can deal with. The abrasive saw throws sparks like a roman candle.

I work in a commercial laundry and lint collects everywhere.

It lays on the pipes and everywhere else and burns like gunpowder.

• I have a dry cut saw made by Evolution. I picked it up from Kean gas. I paid $400 and it included the blade. New blades are around $100. I put the saw in the, i wish i bought this sooner, catagory. It is loud and it throws chips, but it cuts quick and does not heat the metal. It will also make thin cuts. Btw you cannot use the blades on friction saws becuase of the higher rpm.
    Aaron

X2
    Those evolution saws cut great they also make a hand held circular saw. They also have blades for the saws to cut aluminum as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!