Fishing Report Thread

• Well the surf and bay water temps are way low, catch and release season opened on the upper chesapeake. Unusually clear water for this time of the year due to lack of heavy rain/winter melt off, with a surface temp of 39. Probably going to be a couple more weeks before things start to happen. A couple buddies were fishing the Chesapeake city basin for yellow perch and hooked into some small "resident" stripers... water was a couple degrees warmer there. Possibly heading out this weekend around the flats, if we do we will be using bunker off the bottom... will post up report if we get out.

• Hey just wanted to add.... a commercial fisherman caught a 72 pd striper in his nets this week.... but yeah weather sucks hopefully we have a good striper run this year.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I hooked a few stripers last week on the Sassafrass. Also caught a few largemouth and a handful of yellows.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• any size to the stripers? There was a good perch bite up on the northeast, not so sure now with this front rolling through.

• No I was just informed about the striper at the bait shop down in Milton... But trust me we need to do a deja striper classic haha.... Beer and bait can't go wrong with that combo .

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• any size to the stripers? There was a good perch bite up on the northeast, not so sure now with this front rolling through.

Nothing huge but they sure are fun on light tackle. This was the biggest striper, and the biggest yellow.

• All artificial..... 99% of the time Im in search of this fella here and his momma, the rest are just bonuses.

• Keeper stripers reported caught on the Delaware DNR fishing report this past weekend on bloodworm at augustine and woodland beach.....might have to wet a line this weekend!

• They are local spawners :( the migrating ones will be here soon.... rumor has it there's bunker in the inlet sooooo...... its just a matter of weeks... wish I could post pics of the pigs I caught last year... can't wait hookedonthebay.... I'm regearing my reels this weekend and putting ceramic bearings in my penn squall.... longer casts woohoo!

• I can't wait a week jeremy haha.... I live about 5 minutes from the bay... I can go out there and look .... and I'm a dumb bricklayer only thing I know how to read is a tape measure :razz:

• Yeah they do try hitting the rocks at indian river inlet. They like a lot of structure. By the way the strippers are in the bait but the bunker hasn't moved to the back rivers so its hard to get a bite on chunks. But watching a feeding frenzy with rocks and bunker the size of my forearm is a sight to be seen. Ohhhhh my wife wants to go clamming does anyone have a idea on how to do this?

• find a sand bar and work the sand with your toes, that works better than the rakes that you buy at the stores. We use to do it at OC MD in the back bay but used a boat to hit the sand bars at low tide

• I guess what I am asking is where's a good spot I can take her ao she can do it. I can run a trot lineand catch track and shoot just about anything but clams I'm clueless haha.

• Yeah I've heard of it. Not a big fan of the guy who runs it. I have yet to see him post anything useful except for weather reports and undersized fish... seen him on the surf a few times and he never has a line in the water either.... :fishing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!