• Hi all! I'm Joe from Bear. I enjoy surf fishing in my Wrangler. While searching for someplace in northern Delaware to do some 4 wheeling, I ran across this site. My last vehicle was a Jeep Liberty which also handled well on the sand. With three kids I needed 5 seat belts so the Wrangler had to wait. Now that the boys are older, I finally got the Wrangler last year & I'm loving it.
    I see others have avatars of their Jeeps and other pics. When I go to update my profile there is no option to add an avatar (only a radio button next to "No Avatar"). Is there some secret I need to know to be able to upload a pic of my Wrangler on the beach?

Thanks!

• Hi all! I'm Joe from Bear. I enjoy surf fishing in my Wrangler. While searching for someplace in northern Delaware to do some 4 wheeling, I ran across this site. My last vehicle was a Jeep Liberty which also handled well on the sand. With three kids I needed 5 seat belts so the Wrangler had to wait. Now that the boys are older, I finally got the Wrangler last year & I'm loving it.
    I see others have avatars of their Jeeps and other pics. When I go to update my profile there is no option to add an avatar (only a radio button next to "No Avatar"). Is there some secret I need to know to be able to upload a pic of my Wrangler on the beach?

Thanks!

Welcome! The avatars are only available for paid members. That's why you aren't seeing the option.

Post up some pics of your Jeep in this thread anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing you out on a trail ride or surf fishing. :wavey:

• Welcome to the fray! :wavey:

In order to post pics, the pic must be hosted on a site such as photobucket, flickr, etc. Then copy and paste the [IMG] link into your post and it should work.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Thanks. I have a 23 yo son & 13 yo daughter at home and a 21 yo step-son in the USAF (stationed in S. Korea at the moment).

As far as the pic problem, I tried to share a link from Facebook but it didn't work, probably due to privacy settings or it's just not a photo sharing site. I'll get one out soon enough!

In looking through the threads I noticed the meetings are at Stewart's. That is awesome cause it's right down the street from me and I love the place. Al Stewart graduated a year ahead of me in HS (same year as my youngest sister). I think it's a sign I have to join DeJA!

• Thanks again for the warm welcomes. This seems like a very friendly site :).
    Ok, here goes...My Jeep (pre-mods) at CHSP...

While I loved my Liberty and I miss some of the creature comforts like electric windows, locks, etc, there's nothing like a Wrangler with the top down :)

• Love the beach pic!!! Where was that at?

Also, what's on you antenna and what kind of rod is that...it looks freshwater.
    Not judging...I am the worst fisherman ever. :mrgreen:

• Haha, I'm not much of a fisherman myself. I think it is a freshwater rod. It's a 7' skinny two-piece rod that my father got as a gift in the '70s from a dude from Mexico (no brand name printed on it) & a fairly cheap Shakespeare reel I bought in the '80s. My wife's rod & reel is saltwater and much nicer but we didn't bring it this trip cause it is one-piece and didn't fit inside the Jeep too well. :/
    This pic was taken at Beach Plum Island, so hence the tiny waves in the background. It was my first (and possibly my last) time there. Didn't get a bite all day. I'd been at different places in "real" Cape Henlopen in my Liberty and wanted to check out something different for my first trip with the Wrangler. The ride to get there reminded me of the Outer Banks so I thought I'd try it. I liked that it had very few people there, but the bugs about ate us up in the afternoon. The thing on the antenna was a gift from my daughter. It's a little smiley face dude in a Philadelphia Eagles helmet. I'm a diehard Eagles fan (sad I know) and tailgate at most of their home games. Below is a pic of my Eagles themed Mancave

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!