National Monument

• Done deal.... guess time will tell whether for better or worse.

http://www.delawareonline.com/…ational-Monument-Delaware

Biden is in the background telling Obama that if any OHV's are caught on the new monument grounds that the protocol for LEOs is to go out and fire two blasts from their shotguns. Guaranteed they won't come back. :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Biden is in the background telling Obama that if any OHV's are caught on the new monument grounds that the protocol for LEOs is to go out and fire two blasts from their shotguns. Guaranteed they won't come back. :innocent:

:roflmao: :laughabove:

• I would have thought Fort Delaware would become a National Park.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• First time I heard of this several years ago, the first thing I thought was, "There's gotta be a better reason for wanting this other than 'we don't have one.'" If ever there was a more typical bureaucratic, bullshit, limp-dicked excuse for wasting OUR tax dollars, I haven't heard it. Why did the chicken cross the road? Let's see, no cops did anything heroic this year, but we give out an award every year, so go alphabetically down the list until you find one who's never gotten the award and isn't under internal investigation and we'll give it to that schmuck. Why? Because that's what we do. And for no reason other than to do it. This will bring in dollars, but it also brings in federal rules and regulations. I'm a huge fan of public spaces and federal and state parks, but I'm not a fan of this.

• May as well forget all that. I mean shoot, it is likely that the Woodlawn property in particular won't even allow the existing mountain biking to continue. The "park" designation is really just a political game as Delaware is one of if not the only state(s) without a National Park... This battle to stop the transfer to the Feds has been going on for months by other recreational groups like the TrailSpinners and such.

I am told by State Rangers and Preserve officials that are customers (Wooden Wheels), that we will not lose many trails at all for mountain biking.

• [size=2]I am told by State Rangers and Preserve officials that are customers (Wooden Wheels), that we will not lose many trails at all for mountain biking.[/size]

I have recently heard this as well. I will remain cautiously optimistic as it may also just be a matter of (or lack of) proper funding to make the changes they ultimately want. :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!