Tentative Approval (Approved)

• It costs $12,000-$15,000 to get a built set of 60s linked with full hydro under a jeep. I don't think buying a whole jeep that has the majority of the work done for $10,000-$12,000 is a bad deal as long as the work is done right.

If you buy new, much much more than this. If you don't get all the bells and whistles, less. There are turn key rigs out there for around $10k. Just gotta follow up and ensure those rigs have the spency parts already :) some rigs have enough of them, others don't have any.

It honestly looks like there's the potential for it to cost wayyyyy more money and time than is warranted.

• If you buy new, much much more than this. If you don't get all the bells and whistles, less. There are turn key rigs out there for around $10k. Just gotta follow up and ensure those rigs have the spency parts already :) some rigs have enough of them, others don't have any.

It honestly looks like there's the potential for it to cost wayyyyy more money and time than is warranted.

Really depends on what you want to do with the axles. If you completely rebuild them as I did, with the intention of using them on the street and not having issues, 8k - 10k is probably about right (without hydro). You can sure do it for less, but I would only do that on a trail rig. Just because it is a D60 doesn't necessarily mean it was done properly for how you intend to use it. Get the receipts...

• It's feeling more and more like a ground up build for me which will insure it's built the way I want and built right. Unless I run into a rig that people already know was built right. So maybe I'll just keep my eye out for a YJ or TJ that is close to stock and has a solid foundation. ie, not rust or existing issues.

• or just do what Spedly did and buy a truck and trailer and keep building mine but keep it street worthy......and then maybe in 5+ years I wont care about the paint and body to much and just have it caged. :mrgreen:

• not sure if this floats your boat: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum…7-richmond-va-9500-a.html

it's close by, you could probably look at it at big dogs, and you could pick it up for under $9,000.00. it needs a suspension upgrade, but is turn key. Once you add in the cost of throwing in ORIs or Coilover's and links, I don't think you'd find a cheaper rig already built with them.

• not sure if this floats your boat: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum…7-richmond-va-9500-a.html

it's close by, you could probably look at it at big dogs, and you could pick it up for under $9,000.00. it needs a suspension upgrade, but is turn key. Once you add in the cost of throwing in ORIs or Coilover's and links, I don't think you'd find a cheaper rig already built with them.

This looks like a pretty cool rig. It could float my boat....

• Matt- Sorry, this kept slipping my mind to post. Here's a few Jeeps I see every day. If you're considering a base to build a rig off of then these might be worth taking a look at. :shrug: All of these lots are right at the Rt.13/Rt.40 split.

Clean Cut Auto has 1 but I think it's a YJ
    http://www.cleancuttauto.com/

Spitelli Auto has 2 or 3 (all TJs I believe)
    http://www.manta.com/c/mmlbqsf/m-spitelli-auto-sales

Angelo's Auto has 1... pretty sure it's a TJ
    http://www.angelosautosalesde.com/

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• You've already got the JK for when you want to cruise with the top off, the Grand for when you want to take your lady out to a nice dinner, so how about a pickup truck? You could make it into a more than capable trail rig, plus haul firewood, couches, other Jeep parts, etc... I'll cut you a good deal on her...

You don't know what you can do, until you know what you can't do...

• :laughabove: Why's your truck named "Je p"?? Did it formerly belong to the youngest brother from Duck Dynasty? :laughing:

I should flip the p upside down to make it say Jed... Then it will be a Beverly Hillbillies truck...

You don't know what you can do, until you know what you can't do...

• Tentative approval is now full speed ahead approval. I'll be going out to Ohio this weekend to take a closer look at a rig. The seller sent me all kinds of pictures and videos and I've been talking with a few other people about it and it looks like a good turn key rig given the frame and everything checks out. A huge thanks to everyone thats been putting up with my endless questions and asking to borrow shit. With a little more work to the rig I would be extremly happy wheeling this:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum…j-stretched-tons-40s.html

• Nice, That cage could be an issue for a soft top...

Its got a bikini top and soft doors if I need them but it isn't really a concern for me having a full [size=2]s[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ofttop. I'll probably just throw a trail top on it for storage.[/font][/size]

Looks decent Matt. It should be a good platform to make a few additions onto... :driving:

Yea I think so. It already has the rears, gears, arb's, cage, and seats. Just needs an updated suspension and possible t-case. We'll see once I see it and possibly bring it home. But it will be nice to finally hammer down. :driving:

• Looks good! Add one more to the new generation of "Bad A$$" DeJA Jeeps :8)

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I got back last night with the rig. Everything checked out as far as I could tell :rolleyes: and took it for a long test drive with some 4wd and lockers action on some grassy hills. It needs a little TLC and a good once over by someone that knows what they are doing. Then I made the deal and loaded her onto the trailer and started the trip from Ohio back to Newark. The F150 did a pretty good job on the mountains crossing PA but it did have a noticable strain going up the steeper inclines when the rpms would jump to 4-4200.

So....who wants to go wheeling??????

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!