Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 23 to 28 mpg? Really?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 23 to 28 mpg? Really?

Eco standards were much different then.. I'm sure that was the 4cyl. 28mpg was on a flat track at a constant speed like 50mph

Today, they have to be based on real world driving.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I dont know about that. I ran my 72 CJ5 with the dauntelss v-6 and a live front axle from williamsport to honeybrook every weekend back in 85. I averaged about 20 mpg with that. I could fill up in morgantown and make it all the way to shamokin dam and still have about a 1/4 of a tank. My tank was under the driver seat so that was maybe 10 gallons.

• Lots of things were different back then (you young whippersnappers) ;) . Gasoline didn't have alcohol in it, the octane was higher, and not much in the way of emission systems. Believe it or not my carburated I6 YJ consistently gets around 19 mpg from Elkton to Pine Grove on my way to RC on 35's, 456 gears, full time lockers, no cat or emissions, if I keep it under 60 mph.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Yeah and the EPA used a much different testing method back then that resulted unrealistic mileage ratings. I think the methodology has been revised at least twice in the interim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!