clutch replacement

• Well after talking to the original owner of my jeep and finding that I'm still running the factory clutch 93,000 miles later, it's time to replace it. Was going to go with centerforce but had read in a couple off road magazines that going with oem is preferred if the jeep is getting more highway miles than trail time. If you have done your clutch lately what is your feed back on what you used....Thought I would post up and ask as the shop I use quoted $800-$950, from start to finish, i'd rather make a smart decision now than wish I went a different route later.

• Make sure no one decides to re-surface the flywheel. You will have to buy a new one.

I have resurfaced a 4.0 flywheel and also just hit it with a scotchbrite pad and hosed it down with brake cleaner depending on the condition of the flywheel. Of course I assume the liability of redoing the work on myself, but I do not understand the "you need a new flywheel" mentality.

• I have resurfaced a 4.0 flywheel and also just hit it with a scotchbrite pad and hosed it down with brake cleaner depending on the condition of the flywheel. Of course I assume the liability of redoing the work on myself, but I do not understand the "you need a new flywheel" mentality.

The TJ flywheel has a crown to it.

Not sure why, but it will not work properly if ground flat.

• I have resurfaced a 4.0 flywheel and also just hit it with a scotchbrite pad and hosed it down with brake cleaner depending on the condition of the flywheel. Of course I assume the liability of redoing the work on myself, but I do not understand the "you need a new flywheel" mentality.

I resurfaced a 2.5l flywheel with no issues... Clutching was smooth. 2.5 might be different/

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!