New baby-mobile

• so it's an 04 special edition

straight six? How many miles on it?

Yeah..'04 Laredo Special Edition w/ 4.0. Personal preference over the 4.7 as on most I'd be gambling on issues due to PO's maintenance (or lack thereof) and we didn't need it for towing. Was gunning for a special edition or one of the sticker-package variants as most were equipped similar to a Limited but with the 4L. Jen's only requirements were "Not white" and "has to have a sunroof" :laughing: 140K, decent shape with just some minor cosmetics to deal with. I got a pretty good deal due to a dishonest mechanic, just like with the burple TJ. Was throwing an evap code and they'd been quoted $400 to repair...fix was snipping the cracked end off hose going to top of canister and reinstalling.

--Ian

• very nice. best part is no blend doors to deal with like on the limiteds and overlands. Gas isn't bad either, I'm getting right around 17 city with jk rubi take-offs and a flashpaq on the 87 performance setting. I didn't get the baller special edition package though

• also if you need any parts, pete from pete's garage has 2 or 3 of them sitting around, great to deal with. his ad is almost always up on C-list

Good to know...like I said there are a few cosmetic things that aren't bad but will bug the living shit out of me over time. :innocent:

• I was pulling in the driveway today and thought to myself I wonder how high a 2" budget boost would make it and if it would be just as easy to get into to. This jeep thing really is a sickness. :doh:

• I was pulling in the driveway today and thought to myself I wonder how high a 2" budget boost would make it and if it would be just as easy to get into to. This jeep thing really is a sickness. :doh:

Nice WJ!!
    I am just about to remove a set of 3" IRO coil springs from my WJ... :innocent:
    There are pics of my WJ in the Anthracite pics. It worked well until I broke a D35 shaft. :doh:
    A.

• I will say your vehicle choice is MUCH better than the mini-van I expected. I thought for sure Ian's garage ornament Jeep, Harley, and balls would be in swap meet so you could buy a Honda Odyssey.

• Nice acquisition there Clendaniels! I've been contemplating a WJ for the wife and kids. Just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Thanks, ton of them out there...condition is all over the place. It amuses me how much cheaper they go than a TJ for similar years, especially given how much more $$ they were new. You can pick up a pretty good example in the $4-6K range.

I will say your vehicle choice is MUCH better than the mini-van I expected....so you could buy a Honda Odyssey.

Them's fightin' words to Jen....minivan and station wagon are big no-no's for her.

Jen, with a 2" BB and 32's it's still not much different than stock. Kate doesn't even need steps to get in yet :laughing:

How much trimming was needed for them w/ only a BB? You running spacers? My understanding was that there's a good amount of rubbing with <3-4" using JK takeoffs. It needs tires currently and had planned on JK moab's w/ WJ size tires (245/65R17) but given how cheap JK wheel/tire sets seem to go if fitment wasn't too bad I'd consider a BB for them. Don't want to get crazy w/ this though as it was bought as the family truckster that a pregnant woman can easily get in/out of...and I'd like to retain the 1/2 decent mileage it gets currently.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!