where are the flies not bad.

• I am going to be headed out on the beach wed and was wondering where the fies where not as bad at. also where you guys/gals have been catching fish.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• In last week I was at 3R, navy crossing, Herring point and no flies. NO fish either-LOL. Went to Broadkill and the flies were crazy. Not a lot happing at the beach fish wise.

• I know the wind has a lot to do wi it but it seems to me that herring point always has terrible flies. So didn't know if there was some place with less this year. All the rain has made the bugs bad in general.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I was down at Herring Point last Monday late afternoon and it was great... only one fly. :) I've always used the Navy Crossing before, but I was showing a friend the shortcut to Gordons Pond and decided to try fishing there. Didn't catch any fish, just another stupid Horseshoe Crab. I guess the bobber wasn't strong enough to keep the bait off the bottom. :/

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Right now I hit herring point Gordon's pond area .... And just pick up some flystrips at your local hardware store they work wonders.... But personally if you wanna catch fish go down to Fenwick 2nd crossing and make a right go down about 200 ft and cast behind the second wave during high tide 3rd wave during low tide.... Use chnks of mullet on a maws chartreuse top bottom float...make sure you got long hooks on there because blues with bang the crap out of it. But right now you don't have to cast a country mile in alot of places a lot of fish are almost in the wash.... Seriously. 10 ft out or so.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Always bugs at broadkill. I really don't care for it as much as the surf beaches.

I've never had an issue @ Broadkill. Family and I go there most of the time as too many assholes @ Herring Point or Navy Crossing. Plenty of room and fish @ Broadkill. Mother in law just caught a 26" flounder there yesterday. Plenty of room for the pups and kids to run around...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Problem with BROADKILL is it is a small beach from Water to dunes so tons of flies. Also when a storm hits it gets ripped up bad. It can be good for fish at times but the other beaches are much nicer in my opinion. I did BROADKILL around 5 times this yr and only cause of touron traffic going south it is easer to just hit there instead of waiting in traffic. One time I was there I aired down only to find no air pump when leaving but it is replaced now.
    Just my 2 cents.....

• Broadkill most productive times are April to mid June I've coolered 3 22-27 inch blues the a 25 drum and limited on rocks in one day.... Flies are bad but as long as you get a 5-10 mph out of the southeast you'll be fine. Which that's the kind of wind you want anyway for fishing. I remember being out there with a hoodie jeans facemask and sunglasses to rid of the gnats and flies..... Of course I've been 3 miles off shore fishing for rocks and had to do the same damn thing haha.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Headed out tomorrow will let you all know I sat down and tied up several different rigs so I can switch them easily.

• Right now I hit herring point Gordon's pond area .... And just pick up some flystrips at your local hardware store they work wonders.... But personally if you wanna catch fish go down to Fenwick 2nd crossing and make a right go down about 200 ft and cast behind the second wave during high tide 3rd wave during low tide.... Use chnks of mullet on a maws chartreuse top bottom float...make sure you got long hooks on there because blues with bang the crap out of it. But right now you don't have to cast a country mile in alot of places a lot of fish are almost in the wash.... Seriously. 10 ft out or so.

I keep aiming for that 2nd and 3rd wave but by the time I cast, the wave has already hit the shore. :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• So far I have one spot and have had a lot of hits probably more spot. Fish bites are the only yhing working.real blood worms aren't working water is choppy but 3oz is holding fine. Not the warmest day but very relaxing.

• Yeah I forgot the fly strips I am gonna grap some for sunday. Anyone headed out on sunday?

• So far I have one spot and have had a lot of hits probably more spot. Fish bites are the only yhing working.real blood worms aren't working water is choppy but 3oz is holding fine. Not the warmest day but very relaxing.

I 2nd fish bite. Father in law gave me a piece earlier in the season and I was like gum really? He said you can eat it if you want but it won't taste good to you and it will feel even worst in your gut. But boy, the anything will snatch it up. Great stuff and it's cheap...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• It used to be cheap when it first came out like 7 bucks a bag and it lasted all season. Now it's 10 bucks a bag and last two days maybe

• I will more then likely be there Sunday possibly Saturday too all depends on how Melissa feels she's been pretty sick....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!