The Green Machine trumps your foreign import!

• So yesterday I'm at the station when this lady walks in and asks if that's my Jeep in the parking lot. Figuring she was a Jeep groupie (yes we get those from time to time at the firehouse) I suavely said, "Why yes." To which she replied, "I think we just hit it." We go out to the parking and I see pieces of car everywhere and then I notice my Jeep was three feet from where I parked it. "You think you hit it???" I thought for sure something had gotten past the bumper and ruined my fenders or hood. But when I got around to it, the only thing wrong was my fog light was pushed back on the swivel mount. All I need to do is tighten the bolt. Her car, on the other hand, was smoked! There is a one foot intrusion. You can actually see a crease in the trunk lid where it folded around my stinger bar. Her son was backing out of the parking space and I guess hit the gas too hard. Learner's permit. I told the cop not to give him a ticket. Kid was scared to death. I've been waiting so long for somebody or some deer to hit that A to Z Fab bumper just to see what would happen. I must say, I was pretty impressed.

• Wow. Make sure it didn't bend your front frame rails at all though. Always nice to have a good bumper! LOL

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I posted it to their fb page right above a pick of an LJ that took and side impact and owned with their rocker guards. They took it down. Tried to give them some free advertising

• You're bumper speared her fender! Wow.

I got rear ended in my Jeep about 6 or more years ago. The lady who hit me went under and her hood was pealed back. It was low speed because we were at a red light. She had pushed me into the car in front of me. My winch put a good dent into that cars trunk.

I didn't get any damage.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Gotta love a good steel bumper! About a month ago, I get a call from the current owner of my old XJ... the AJs Offroad Armor met the back of a Prius.

If you look closely, you'll see that there is a crease above the side door... I think it's totaled. A 15-20mph love tap did all that. Because he drove through the car, the fiberglass header panel on the XJ is cracked and one of the offroad lights snapped at the base, but the bumper is fine. :) Also, the front right tire hit the crossmember of the car and bent the wheel and messed up a factory LCA mount on the D30. The axle looks fine, just messed up the mount. Gotta find somebody to help me get that replaced... I did crawl under and check the frame, everything looks good.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!