After-Holidays Holiday Party

• What date for the After-Holidays Holiday Party works best for you? 23

1. Saturday, January 18 (2) 9%
    2. Saturday, January 25 (15) 65%
    3. Saturday, February 1 - day before Polar Bear Plunge (2) 9%
    4. Saturday, February 8 (1) 4%
    5. Who cares - free food sucks! (3) 13%

We are starting the planning for the Holiday party and need to get a date locked down. Some venue locations we are looking at for this year include:

Iron Hill Newark
    McGlynns in Dover or Bear
    Cantwell's Tavern in Middletown
    Abbotts Grill in Milford

Please pick the date that works best for you. More details will be coming.

• Iron Hill gets my vote :up:

Iron Hill and Abbotts are the only ones I know well and since I think the north deserves at this one, I'm going to go with Iron Hill as well.

The Wilmington waterfront Iron Hill is much larger. Would it be worth checking there as well?

• Iron Hill and Abbotts are the only ones I know well and since I think the north deserves at this one, I'm going to go with Iron Hill as well.

The Wilmington waterfront Iron Hill is much larger. Would it be worth checking there as well?

I've never had a good time at the riverfront one. Much closer drive for me, but I honestly don't like it. Newark is my favorite.

• Honestly we will probably go with the best and cheapest menu. I was more bumping for input on the date :innocent:

After we pick a date I will call around and get quotes and menus. I can post the info and do another poll to choose the best one.

• Cantwell's... centrally located,,,, however parking sucks.
    Iron Hill Waterfront, yeah I don't like the waterfront after having my truck broken into there.
    Abbotts is nice, close to us, but got to be fair.
    McGlynns in Dover, See Abbotts.
    So I'd vote for Cantwells.

• We have Jeeps, parking is not an issue :innocent:. I like some of the places mentioned and would like to try the others. Since all the other ones have been in Smyrna and Milford I don't have a problem going north, either. Like Jen said, whatever works out for date/price/availability would be fine.

• I'm certainly not going to talk anyone out of bringing it a little further north but I think Wilmington is too far for most. Probably better to keep it somewhat centralized.

Understood. Milford was just a little further south for some of the northerners so I wanted to mix it up a little. Middletown is not bad and I've never been to Cantwell's so I'm into that. :beer:

• I liked the place we went the last two years. Good food and central location. We didn't mind driving down there from the "northern territory".

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Iron Hill for me. . .that's just around the corner (almost. . . ) from me.
    Maybe the rig will make it THAT far. ::)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!