Help Wanted to finish Jeep

• I want to finish my jeep. It is with this in mind that I am sending this out.

I sent an email out to a member but have not heard back so I am going to ask for help this way.

My problem is simple I do not know what/how to measure and perform the job needed to fix my vibrations in my driveshaft and install an SYE setup (or even if I should). I still don't get it or really understand how to. I do not want to go cutting the transfer case, or increasing the length of the driveshaft (Associated Truck in Newark, if needed is a place I found) because I want it done right.

I understand that it is about driveline angles and binding but I still do not get it.

My 1996 ZJ is lifted with 6 inches total 4" springs 2" spacers
    4.0 liter
    Automatic Selec Trac
    NP 242 Transfer Case

Is there anyone with the knowledge and time that would be willing to help me figure / perform this task. I will pay them in either Beer, good Whiskey (don't have to share with the spouse ) / or cash money), and I would like to help and learn. So if this is something someone is interested in doing let me know. I live in Middletown and will come to you .

John Gill
    JGillRN96
    JGillRN96@yahoo.com
    302-650-0782

• Sorry just been a real busy work week. I can look at everything for u and help explain things. Ill be in the garage all weekend. Dont think i will have time to get u on the lift but ill take some time to explain things. Btw, associated is not the place to take it if u want it done right. They are good for parts but they usually do big rig stuff and cant usually ballance shorter shafts. I have a sye kit on my other jeep so u can even see what that looks like.

Aaron

• Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• At what sped are you getting the vibration at ?

When mine was at 6 inches I still ran a stock drive shaft with no problems but I wouldn't recommend going any taller without putting on a sye and are you running a t case lowering kit if so you should take that off

• To be honest I would go with tattons oe tom woods driveshafts ive have heard horror stories about that place with jeeps. Theres is a place in saulisbury maryland but tattons and tom woods is probably the best around. Good luck with the jeep if Astape is doing it it will be done right. If I cant fix my jeep I call him.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!