New to Delaware-Newark

• [size=3]Hello Everyone,
    My name is Maria and I am brand new to Delaware. I guess a little about my Jeep...it is a JKU with 3 in lift, 35s, and currently a hard top. I look forward to meeting new Jeep enthusiasts and trail riders in the area :) .
    Maria[/size]

• Welcome to the club. I'm in New Castle (about 10 minutes from Newark).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well, hello Maria! I'm glad that you found all of us here on DEJA, I'm hoping that this club can help you out with whatever you may need as far as your Jeep is concerned... it's helped out a lot of people here already, even if that's just in the capacity of giving them a place to go online with other Delaware-area Jeepers... to talk about just about anything. :)

I'm also in Newark... right where the line is at where it changes into Bear.

I'm glad you found our little corner of the Web. :) :mrgreen:

-Steve

1989 Wrangler (Islander package) [_]IIIII[_]
    SOA lift (I don't remember the specifics, sorry!)
    33x12.50"/15 BFG tires (I had these), OBA, CB
    Black American Racing AR767 wheels

Edited once, last by Steve Smith ().

• Hi All,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am hoping to learn more about the club and become a member. I am anxious to get out and about with the Jeep and meet up with some great folks.
    Maria

• Welcome to Delaware! Wow, you picked Newark as your first stopping point in Delaware.... What were you thinking! :o

This is a good group of Jeepers, you'll enjoy the club. If you plan on modifying your Jeep you should become a member, you'll get 10% off any orders from Quadratec or 4WD.com.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Welcome to Delaware! Wow, you picked Newark as your first stopping point in Delaware.... What were you thinking! :o

This is a good group of Jeepers, you'll enjoy the club. If you plan on modifying your Jeep you should become a member, you'll get 10% off any orders from Quadratec or 4WD.com.

.... or free shipping. You'll normally save more $$ on the free shipping unless your order is >$700.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• [size=small]Hi Guys,[/size]
    [size=small]Thanks for the info on Quadratec. One of my favorite places to spend money as I feel as Jeep is never done being modified :) As for Newark, tis was the job that brought me here, but I love new adventures so not complaining yet. [/size]
    [size=small]Maria[/size]

• Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the info on Quadratec. One of my favorite places to spend money as I feel as Jeep is never done being modified :) As for Newark, tis was the job that brought me here, but I love new adventures so not complaining yet.
    Maria

There's lots of places to shop for Jeep stuff online:

Quadratec
    4WD.com
    A-Z Fabrication
    Dave's Offroad Supply
    Morris 4x4
    All Things Jeep
    4 Wheel Parts
    Discount Jeep Parts
    Just for Jeeps
    JC Whitney

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Newark is a really fun place to live. Now that the students are about gone, you can start checking out Deerpark, Kates, Iron hill and the many other great places to eat/ drink with out it being too crowded. Surf fishing on the beach in DE is really fun also.

I moved here a little over 10 years ago due to a job bringing me here also and liked it so much i stayed. Even changed jobs, then started my own business. It must be a pretty good place. :)

• Welcome aboard!! There are a bunch of good people here and a lot of people with JKs if you have questions. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Newark is a really fun place to live. Now that the students are about gone, you can start checking out Deerpark, Kates, Iron hill and the many other great places to eat/ drink with out it being too crowded. Surf fishing on the beach in DE is really fun also.

I moved here a little over 10 years ago due to a job bringing me here also and liked it so much i stayed. Even changed jobs, then started my own business. It must be a pretty good place. :)

Thanks for the advice on good places to go investigate. I have not been out much as I am still trying to learn where is safe, not safe, etc. I will have to check these out.
    Maria

• Old New Castle is not far from Newark and it's a nice peaceful town by the Delaware River. Nice park and walking area. Brandywine Springs State Park is probably one of the prettiest parks in New Castle County. It's nestled in the Brandywine valley just north of Wilmington. For shopping there's the Christiana Mall. A bit further drive (if you want an adventure) will take you to Lancaster, PA which is known for it's outlets and Amish food. There's a really nice back road drive by taking Rt. 896 North (or is it West?) out of Newark. In Maryland you're not far from the town of North East, MD which is a great place to go for blue crabs (at Woody's Restaurant).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• [size=small]Thanks for these suggestions.[/size][size=2]These sound like great places to explore as well. I think a drive may be in order this weekend.[/size]

• I always enjoy the drive out to Rocks State Park in MD. It's a nice drive down past the dam and there's some good hiking there. About an hour or so away.

and the cool waterfall you (and kids) can play around.

• the waterfall is about 10 mins from the main park any ranger can give you a map/directions if you dont know its location

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!