Exhaust choice

• So I have determined that I have to put a new exhaust on the jeep and can't decide on which type to go with catback vs glass pack vs just a regular muffler I have been looking around but can't decide. I'm looking to get sort of a deeper sound anything but a ricer sound if you could let me know what you have and the pros and cons that would be great.

• I think anything other than stock (or stock replacement) sounds bad when at highway speeds in a Wrangler. Also horribly annoying when offroad. I replaced my 2003 TJ's exhaust with a nice Magnaflow system at Scotti, drove it for about a week, then brought it back and had them remove it in favor of a stock replacement...couldn't handle feeling like my head was inside the center of a mad hornet's nest all the time.

• I think anything other than stock (or stock replacement) sounds bad when at highway speeds in a Wrangler. Also horribly annoying when offroad. I replaced my 2003 TJ's exhaust with a nice Magnaflow system at Scotti, drove it for about a week, then brought it back and had them remove it in favor of a stock replacement...couldn't handle feeling like my head was inside the center of a mad hornet's nest all the time.

I dunno.

I have the Borla cat back, it sounds nice at idle and really isn't all that louder on the highway.

• i had the banks cat back on my TJ, and thought it sounded ok. it droned at 65...but went away at 70...until i got 35's and regeared...then it was at 55 and wouldnt go 70 LOL

• I put on a Magna Flow (mild) exhaust and it sounds great. Slightly louder than stock but a nice mellow sound that is not disturbing at all. The next 2 levels up are too noisy. The stainless tip looks nice too.

• The magnaflow is alot smaller, easier to keep safe from rocks. Mine is ressesed above the transfer skid now but I had a banks before that was exposed and it looked like it came off the dented can discount rack :mrgreen: The magnaflow is still a little loud but Its not ricey. Although mine is all 3" pipe now so that might also make a difference in the sound. Plus the magnaflow universal fit is pretty cheap.

• I dunno.

I have the Borla cat back, it sounds nice at idle and really isn't all that louder on the highway.

X2
    I'm running SpinTech in my TJ and I like the sound over stock. It doesn't have that cushy BMW quietness but that's the point. :innocent:

• I dunno.

X 2, I also have the Bola system, a nice tone at idle and hardly noticeable on the highway and great customer service on their million mile warranty.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!