First Jeep

• Hey there,

My name is Josh out of Camden, DE and just got my first jeep. After wanting one for most of my life finally got a absolute stock 2001 wrangler sport which has been garage kept and never had the doors off! I am so ready to start building but got no idea how to start. My end goal for now is 33's with no wobble. It would seem it takes a lot to get there if i want to do so correctly. In any case looking forward to learning anything and everything about it and getting to know the DE jeep community in the process. Thanks

• 33's without wobble is not that tough.

I can drive 75mph with just a pinkie.

You need not go the most expensive route, but going the cheapest usually just ends up spending more money and time to make it right.

• well that is good to know and I don't plan on going the cheap route but just from research on jeep forums i came to the conclusion

*mind you looking at this from the outside without any knowledge of jeeps, so going based on what i have seen others say*

that if i wanted to get 33's i should go suspension lift but the height i would need would mess up my driveshaft angles (?) and would either need to be remedied with a MML or SYE .... lol so then im wondering need i do a susp lift... tires....MML or SYE (or both) ...and any other factors im not currently aware of being new to all of this haha .

Anyways thanks for the reassuring response

• well i have no plans of offroading right away but i want to get into offroading "down the road" lol. so i dont want to do the budget boost only to have to change it later on even if i wont need it right away. i prefer getting the right parts as i go even if it is the more expensive route. in the long run i want this vehicle to be fun for years and years

• With the end goal to get on 33's, a budget boost (spring spacers) with good shocks (bilstien or old man emu) with a 1 inch body lift will serve you very well both on and offroad. Longer bump stops may also be something to look consider.

Good luck!

• Welcome! I'm running what everyone is saying with a BB, 1" BL on 33s and its done well for me. I haven't done anything extra and I don't have to duck to get in. Does great at RC on Blues. I don't have any issues on the beach and it really likes snow when we get any. I like the set up and it works for me. Best advice anyone can give you is figure out what is is you want to do and build it for that.
    I'm in Dover/Hartly and easy to find if you know where to look if you want see, shoot me a pm.

• welcome. all good recommendations. when i had my TJ, i started with a budget boost, mml, body lift on 32's then 33's....then 3.5 suspension with 35's, then axles, lockers, .............

dont be scared to start off small and cheap...once the bug bites youll end up changing anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!