Hello All!

• Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I live in Middletown. My wife Joanna and I purchased a '13 Sahara Unlimited last summer and I'm beginning to research the mods I have planned. I'm in the paintless dent repair (PDR) business servicing many of the local dealers from Dover to Wilmington. Prior to getting into PDR, I was an apprentice tech at a GM dealer before becoming a service writer. After a couple tiresome years doing that I got into the PDR biz. I moonlight building home theaters from scratch, preferably in unfinished basements. I'm REALLY into home theater along with cars in general. I help moderate an upstart A/V forum (The Audio Annex) my friend started when the Sound & Vision forum went under. My crowning achievement was being invited onto AMC's and Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men (season 3 episode 2 "To The Batcave") to give the fellas from the Secret Stash a tour of my Batcave themed home theater.

I registered last night and browsed the forum for a bit and this seems like a great group. I was apprehensive at first because I put a lot of time into the Audio Annex. But owning the Jeep has been a real pleasure and I'm eager to meet new friends. I'm hoping to receive a lot of good advice regarding the JKs in general. I'm planning a lift soon along with wheels/tires. Most likely your typical 3" lift with 35s. I'm comfortable turning a wrench but don't want to get in over my head. I've discussed potential mods with the wife and we want the suspension lift to be an upgrade over the stock capabilities without breaking the bank. We can definitely see ourselves getting out onto some trails.

I look forward to getting to know the members here and getting some excellent advice!

• Welcome to the Jeep life! :wavey: Nice to know you're a PDR guy as I'm sure there may be a potential cash cow here the way some wheel their heeps! :laughing:

We have a meeting next month (Sept 6th, I believe) so come on out and meet us! Everyone is welcome and the more the merrier. There's a lot of great people here who are willing to help out with knowledge, turning wrenches, etc. Just ask and we'll do our best to help out a fellow Jeeper!

Pics of the Jeep and personal tours of the batcave! :razz:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Ha! I never pass on an opportunity to give someone a tour of the Batcave!! I'll see if the 6th of September is open, I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a HT build where the requested completion date be the 9th so I may need that weekend.

Regarding PDR, I will say to be careful with your JKs, they're frequently dented on the corner of the cowl from the side view mirrors hitting them. They often hit that area so hard that the thinner metal in that spot often gets stretched. I'm at nearly 100% rate of cracking the paint attempting those repairs because of the severity in which that spot gets hit.

• chris weir? if so you did an amazing job on my FJCruiser in elkton a couple years ago(hail). I traded it in on a JKU in 2012. welcome to the club and i hope to see you around. (PS i have a ding on my door that bugs me if you want a picture LOL)

• What can u do for hail damage on a dodge truck roof and hood? Mine looks like a strawberry :).

• chris weir? if so you did an amazing job on my FJCruiser in elkton a couple years ago(hail). I traded it in on a JKU in 2012. welcome to the club and i hope to see you around. (PS i have a ding on my door that bugs me if you want a picture LOL)

Yup! It's me!

• Welcome!!! Do you surf fish? Might be some of us out and about on Sunday near the club's Adopted Beach (secret hangout) :)

What can you do for asscheek prints on hoods???? LOL Not mine at least I don't think that jeep is around anymore . . . think that guy got hitched and moved to Florida or something . . .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!