2001 grand cherokee limited heat/a blower not working?

• Ok so my girlfriend's jeep hasn't had heat or a since she bought it. So since it's getting colder I figured I'd try to fix it for her. Read all the fourms/watched you tube videos/talked to multiple mechanic friends of mine. All said it was most likely the resistor or the blower motor. Did more research. Found the resistor is a common problem. Pulled it out and inspected it and sure enough the wires and plastic clip were melted to the resistor unit. Sweet. Easy fix. Spliced 3 wires and plugged resistor into blower motor. Turn on air hoping for high spend wind in my face with dust and food pelting me as it got forced out of the vents. Well nothing happened. Figured a chain of events of the blower motor going bad and the knows still set to high might have been the reason the resistor harness melted. Ordered oem blower motor and fan assembly and housing. Bent the pins in just a bit for a better connection. Put safety goggles on expecting flying vent debris to pelt my face. Crank it on. Hold my breath. And nothing. Not even a whim of electricity rushing to the fan. So. I'm new with this whole electrical stuff. Could my splices be bad? Is there any way to find out if juice is getting to the resistor and then further more to the blower? I have an extremely livid female partner right now and need to make her happy or I won't be. Help????? :help: :help: :help: :censored:

• Grab a test light.
    check for power at the resistor .
    If no power check for power at the switch.
    If no power there check for fuse /relay .
    Probably in the power distribution box under the hood.
    Thats where I would start.
    or just check the fuses relays first. Maybe its a switch problem.

• Usually the Blower switch. The resistors break. Usually can access behind he glove box.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Have you checked the fuse? If the resistor pack melted there's a good chance it shorted out and blew a fuse.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Alldata says its fuse #1 in your power distribution center underhood. Should be a 40A. Definitely check this, some of the time if the connector melts it will pop that fuse.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!