Lifting My 12 Wrangler Sahara

• Hey Guys,

My names jesh, I just purchased a 12 4dr Sahara and am looking to mod this. I got a basic idea of what I want but I'm really open to hear what other members think of my setup or can suggest anything else I'm missing.

Wheels: 5 set
    XD775 Black 18x10 -24 offset more aggressive stance
    Tires:33x12.5x18 General grapper at2
    Do you guys suggest spacers? For this setup?

Lift:
    Teraflex
    3" kit: TF 1151200
    Rancho RS9000XL 29 and 30 (RS999329 Front RS999330 Rear)
    Front track bar of your choice (what a good decent priced brand)? Asking because I read teraflex doesn't require a track bar? So we can use stock?
    Should be get the rancho drop brackets also? I hear they make a great difference without major $

Do I really need a front sterling stabilizer? if so what's a good brand?

Lastly would I need a new tailgate bracket? Or will stock hold the 18" with 33" tires? Also need a relocation kit for the brake light any good brand

• I wanted 20"s with 35s but I don't want to mess with any gears etc. This car will be my daily snow and rain car only. So that's why I decided to go with the 18s, maybe I should wait on the lift then? But not sure 18" and 33" would clear without cutting anything?

• you can always go "budget boost" too im running 33's on my 2012 with the spacer lift and shock extensions. I wheel it too and it holds up well/handles great. I have a 100mile per day commute so that's my #1 also. you can see a pic in my profile.

did you get the tow package 3.73 gears or the 3.21's (i think that was stock)

• i recently did a 3.25 inch lift and went 33 inch tall tires.
    I want to go 35s but im fairly certain i wont like the power loss.
    so my plan is to re-gear hopefully soon ish (next year) and then
    in 2016 when tax dollars come back get 35s.
    i totally agree with everyone else tho, 33s are just too small, if your set on 33s go 2.5 looks just as agressive. but at the end of the day its your toy. do you!

• I based my size off this model, this looks perfect to me. when you say 2.5 whats are exactly saying? Also I don't think my car has the tow package so 3.21 gears

Also: any good places to install this? i got quotes from rhino and Auto & truck outfitters in westchester

here is my exact setup on another car i found using my specs online:

[size=22px][color=rgb(255, 0, 0)]CUSTOM UPGRADES:[/color][/size]
    [size=22px] PRO-COMP ES9000 LIFT KIT...[/size]
    [size=22px][color=rgb(255, 0, 0)]18 INCH XD WHEELS...33 INCH[/color][/size]
    [size=22px] TOYO OPEN COUNTRY MUD-TERRAIN [/size]
    [size=22px][color=rgb(255, 0, 0)]TIRES.[/color][/size]

*Also what about 35" tires on these 18'wheels? you think that would give me abetter overall look? Even with my stock gears? Think i would be okay?

• Imo. That looks good.
    Its all a learning curve tho. Keep it around a while and it will change again anyway.

My 2011 just has spacers in the front for now.
    My 03 has seen several changes since I got it .

Jeep...

Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket

• He has a valid point.
    this jeep thing is an addiction. once you change one thing, you'll find the need to change other things, and the strong desire to change even others. save up. do research. i did not do enough homework before i started my project. and its my every day driver. but im learning, and working on it.
    JEEP

• Here's my 2012 JKU just so you can see what 35s would look like on yours. I have a 2.5 inch lift.

Those are Maxxis Bighorn MTRs and basic Procomp steel wheels.

You would probably want to get a heavier spare tire carrier if you go up to 35s. I have one made by Best Top that was reasonably cheap and very easy to install.

• Just used a spacer from Rugged Ridge to mount the spare on the back. The 3rd brake still works with my 35 mounted back there.

• Fyi rim diameter has nothing to do with gearing or overall driveability. Rim diameter is for looks and or fitting the tire u want. Tire size is the only thing u care about for power loss.

• The wheels are 17s, and I definitely lost some power with the 35 inch tires.

Aaron, who replied above (ASTAPE), did a great job with my install. Send him a personal message. It sounds like you are in the West Chester area so he is pretty close in North Wilmington.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!