DEJA 3rd Annual Surf Fishing Tournament

• Caught a 12" flounder on Sunday at Beach Plum Island (Broadkill). Of course, I put him back :up:
    I saw that monster Scramblejim Caught, and am extremely jeleous! :laughing:
    This is my first year surf-fishing, I bought my first Jeep, and then had to find a place to drive it! Oh well.....

• Yeah I am all ready. A few days of camping and beach. Don't forget your 100% Deet incase of a land breeze.

Anyone have any good Skate recipies?

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Quote from "omaha"

i am going stripper fishing with a friend down in ocean city

I can't believe no one took an opportunity with this one! :shock:

I am hoping to get to the surf fishing tourny on the 3rd. I bought the rod last year and have only used it once.

One question, where is a good place to stop and buy bait, and what should I get?

Paul (new to all this fishy stuff....)

• stop anywere along the coast that says bait blood worms and minnows work teh best but squid will catch sharks and skates also if you have the cash peelers will work really well on rockfish, blues and trout

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I've had decent luck with mullet in the past, heh haven't we all. :laughing: Sorry, bad hair joke there! :doh: Seriously get a bag of mullet(little fish). You can use them whole on a "mullet rig" which is good if the blues are biting or you can fillet them and use it on hooks. A good way to NOT catch junk fish is to use a "fish finder".....it keeps your bait off the bottom(where these junkers hang out) and when a fish does pick up your bait it won't feel any weight of the sinker right away.

• Quote from "chuck"

A good way to NOT catch junk fish is to use a "fish finder".....it keeps your bait off the bottom(where these junkers hang out) and when a fish does pick up your bait it won't feel any weight of the sinker right away.

Don't go using that thing for the contest, remember junk fish count.

Actually go ahead and use it, that way it gives me a better chance of winning. :rasp:

• :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :laughing:

how many rods can a person use? and can their be teams or only individuals?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "DrJ"

OK, Paul...
    Any guy with a mullet who can hook a stripper, must have the right bait.
    ...must be the Jeep.
    better?
    DrJ

MUCH!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• No teams, but you can have as many rods as you wish. About the bait, squid is a great all purpose bait and it stays on the hook well. Many others have a hard time staying on when you cast. Pealers are the worst for staying on but a great bait. You have to change it very often because it looses it's flavour too fast. Belive it or not, but raw chicken really works well. Cut the white meet into strips. Another good trick is to marinate your bait for a day or two before if you use squid or chicken. Use the spray on fish attractant.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Tide tables...

Sat July 3rd.
    Low 3:07 AM -0.5
    High 9:01 AM 3.7
    Low 2:57 PM -0.8
    High 9:35 PM 5.5

So the most productive fishing time should be from 8am to 10am.

Steve

• Quote from "DrJ"

But the contest is 10-2, right?

DrJ

Nope, starts 8-2.

Steve

• I hope we don't have ICKY WEATHER!

She always makes the temperature too cold! :laughing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!