**DEJA Meeting - March 7th, 2015 - 5:00PM at The Green Turtle in NEWARK.

• As per the schedule, we will be having our March meeting Saturday, March 7th, at 5 PM

The location is going to be a little more north this time at The Green Turtle in Newark, DE.

Click image for information on the location:

March Agenda

1. Open Meeting

2. Introductions of Members and Guests

3. Attendance Sheet: Everyone sign, meeting mediator to determine number of voting members.

4. Membership Review: Total registered users on site, total Members & Guests.

5. Financial Disclosure: Account activity and balances.

Meeting Topics:

6. Recent Trail Ride Report(s) -

7. Upcoming Events -

8. Open forum to discuss what is on your mind.

9. Door Prizes via raffle ticket - Rausch Creek passes, Quadratec gift certificate, and maybe some other goodies. :)

10. Adjourn meeting

We may do a 50/50 toward the end of the meeting so bring a couple bucks for that as well as some money for drinks and food.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Billy

• I would like to propose a change to the Members Ride...

I would like to see 2 dates set up with the stipulation that a member can only attend one for free but could certainly attend both. This would give members the opportunity if they are unable to make the first date. This would be especially helpful to those who work some weekends. Some of us work every other weekend, so if the 2nd date could be staggered an odd number of weeks that would be a plus.

Please add a vote to the agenda.

Thanks !

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Steve-

I'm initially hesitant on the second member appreciation run but we can talk about it during the meeting (and probably after over beers :)) If we did it, the weekend of Thanksgiving/Black Friday would probably be the second date since that was the old date and historically had a good attendance. I can't promise anything like making sure it would be an odd number of weeks away from the other one, catering to a specific need like that would help some and hose others so it's a game I'd rather not even play. Setting all the calendar dates is an art, not a science.

Let me argue with myself over both sides of the coin real quick.

For:
    - Allows more members to attend and get one of the DEJA member benefits. Increased participation generally translates into increased membership/renewals.
    - Eliminating food/giveaways from the second event would reduce cost/time spent.

Against:
    - Increases DEJA's cost. If too many people attend it becomes a losing proposition and we'd have to kill it. There's a happy medium somewhere. I'm not saying this would bankrupt us by any stretch.
    - My time is a finite resource and planning everything especially the giveaways and food is time consuming. Delegation may be necessary.
    - Having a second event muddies the waters so to speak. In my opinion the goal of the member ride is to 1) give back to the DEJA member base 2) create a fun social event where people can hang out. Part of the reason of moving it to the Spring was so people hang out long after/eat/camp/etc and it becomes more of an 'event' than us just giving out RC passes to everyone. Some people may only decide to add one or the other so adding a second event risks decreasing participation in the Spring event and counter mining the social effort put into the first.

I'm definitely willing to put it on the agenda (consider it done) and listen with an open mind but you taking a vacation day may be easier than trying to move the mountain. :)

• I'm planning to be there. Maybe we can be thinking about some ideas on what would constitute a proper 101 course.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Anyone who got their membership stuff at the holiday party just got their bottleopener/keychain there....only the ones that got mailed ended up w/ a coupon for one. I will bring a bunch to the meeting to hand out, just find me.

--Ian

• FYI, as I stated in the renewal thread...anyone that is still owed a membership sticker please see me at the meeting tomorrow. I'll be bringing all outstanding ones with me. Any remaining after the meeting will get dropped in the mail.

Thanks.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!