Results of alignment

• Just got an alignment done after getting a 3 inch spring lift and 35 inch tires. The only thing they were able to adjust was the toe. He said everything else would require new control arms and trackbar. Thought you might find the results interesting. He also warned me about "death wobble".

[img width=1200 height=868]http://i.imgur.com/6IYIkDp.jpg[/img]

• Biggest thing might be the steering wheel being slow to return to center because of lack of caster.

The left front camber might be a worn ball joint or something bent a little.

• Those numbers aren't bad, the caster is a natural result of lifting the Jeep without adjustable control arms. That's not usually a concern until taller lifts. The camber is interesting, though. Keep an eye on the tire wear. If you notice a strange wear pattern or one side wearing more than the other, it may point to worn out components. JKs do have issues with weak ball joints... there are a couple heavy duty upgrades available when that time comes.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• If that is the after specs, why did they not get the toe into"green" specs?

They did.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Those numbers aren't bad, the caster is a natural result of lifting the Jeep without adjustable control arms. That's not usually a concern until taller lifts.

These are a good option as well to correct some geometry issues. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16502_4301_07.htm

• Makes me wonder how they do an alignment on a stock jk. I guess if it's stock and the alignment is off you have to buy new parts. When I took cars for an alignment they just had to turn some screws to adjust it.

• Makes me wonder how they do an alignment on a stock jk. I guess if it's stock and the alignment is off you have to buy new parts. When I took cars for an alignment they just had to turn some screws to adjust it.

Cars aren't solid axle. Toe and drag link adjustment are the only things I've ever messed with on my JK.

When I put my lift on my JK, it was at a friends shop who literally had an alignment rack next to the lift we were using. After the install he asked if I wanted to check the alignment. I said nope, got a tape measure out and adjusted it. That was 60,000 miles ago with no shimmies and the same tires I have now.

Basically, alignments are overrated on a solid axle Jeep IMO.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!