wheel wobble

• Tires are in good shape, balanced and normal wear. I had no wobble until I rotated the tire last week. It is bad between 40-45 mph or if I hit a bump in the road. It is more to the left tire than the right. :shrug:

• How many miles on the unit bearing? Ive gotten it before from that going bad. You can jack up the corner and ussually get some play in the wheel top to bottom if its no good.

• I ended up having a bent axle, put your jeep up on jack stands , run it in 4wd and check out your wheels.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I will check the balance again. I will also check bearings once more. I have not taken it off road yet and when I bought it the axels looked as if it was not off road much. My friend and I check axels and all was good at that time (jan 2015). All I can do is start cheap and work from there. I am getting rid of all shocks soon (to include steering stabilizer)

• Ill state the obvious. Rotate the tires back to where they were. If the wobble goes away then its the tires. If it doesnt go away u need to start looking for worn out parts like steering tre and ball joints.

• :wavey: WOBBLE IS GONE :wavey:
    My son took the jeep to work and checked all tires and rebalanced ALL 4. They were all off. Thanks for the help, I kinda thought that's what it may be but never hurts to get a second opinion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!