DEJA Ride: Rausch Creek Sat, August 15 -- Sign up

• Thanks Steve -- will do.

Am planning to go via Route 202 / Route 100 / I-76 / I-176. Have not traveled that path in a long time. Please shout out if anyone is aware of construction bottlenecks or other reasons to not go this way.

FYI, there will be four in my group, including Scott Taylor (jeepsterJK).

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Not an overly bad day of wheeling. Hot, VERY DUSTY, a few strap pulls, broken u-joint, and for me.... broken rear brake hose. Fortunately, the front office had a replacement. Couldn't get rear brakes bled, so......depended on front brakes, slow driving, mega distance from any vehicle in front of me, and down shifting. Thanks to "ForMud" for his help and following me home.
    I think Steve "deadfeat" and Jim "Chief57" got some good "Go Pro" videos of our trails.
    We'll wait for their reports......

Don't get me wrong...the rest of the group was there for support...concerning my repair. I thank you all.

• I will post up a few things later when I get home, I did get a call later in the day that Cief may have has some transmission troubles on the way home. We we back out on the trai and there were no trailers available. Hope they made it back OK.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• It was good to get out on the trails again, and yesterday proved to be a near-perfect weather day. Glen gets a special shout-out for jumping in and helping when members ran into problems -- and that includes me! I need to also thank Scott Taylor. He rode shotgun and helped out a lot.

I never wanted to go through muddy water, but there were numerous times when bypasses weren't available. On one huge hole -- to be referred to as Chief's Pond in DEJA folklore -- I sank into silt and water came into the passenger compartment. It was a disaster! I did not realize the extent of the problem until later when we hit the highway. My 3-speed auto would not shift into 3rd gear. Again, I owe a debt to Scott for helping me. I won't bore everyone with the whole story, but we made it home.....but I now have some work to do.

One other thing where I could use some input from everyone -- the TJ is now listing to starboard. The passenger side is now 1.25" lower than the driver side. I'm hoping something underneath got knocked out of whack and can be easily put back in place.

Here are a few pics from yesterday. Click the pics to link to the larger originals. I'd like to see pics from others, as well. As for the GoPro Scott mounted to the windshield, I'll hopefully view the footage and perhaps post something here. (Note: this may require technical help from my teenage son!)

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

• After an inauspicious beginning, denting a rim and losing a bead about 32 seconds into the excursion, I did manage to finish up without many other mishaps. Like Chief, I flooded my passenger cabin (Jeep currently sitting in the sun trying to dry completely out). Luckily, when I got home I broke out the sledgehammer and walloped the rim back into shape and was able to re-inflate the tire. Steel wheels are wonderful things.

Just have a few photos...two of Slowpoke's Adventures in Rockland and one of the SS Chief wallowing in the treacherous Pole Line Swamp.

• I could use some tips on how to get the mud stains out of a bedliner. I removed the seats and used a brush and garden hose to get rid of 99.9 percent of the dirt in the tub, but the stains persist. Am going to try Round 2 this afternoon. Anyone?

• I have 2 cleaners that may work. I'll try to meet up with you.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• [size=1em]
    I could use some tips on how to get the mud stains out of a bedliner. I removed the seats and used a brush and garden hose to get rid of 99.9 percent of the dirt in the tub, but the stains persist. Am going to try Round 2 this afternoon. Anyone?
    [/size]

[size=1em]Ha ha , RC mud stains are a bitch.. My soft top still shows stains.. Think its all the coal. [/size]

[size=1em]Those pics of Slowpoke are right before snapped that u joint. Such a sickening sound. [/size]

[size=1em]My report... [/size]

[size=1em]We had a great time, and met a new friend, Dennis from our camp next door. He has an 86 Yota 4 Runner with 37s, locked and 5:35 (or something like it) gears, and needed a group so he joined us. I arrived first Friday evening and snagged Site B4. Cody and Kevin arrived short time later and Kara (SaharaKara) around 10pm.. Cody and Kevin were heading out Sunday to Ohio, then out to Moab and eventually Sacramento Cali for a 3 year assignment. Camping was great, used a hammock. Weather was awesome. [/size]

[size=1em]Cody, Kevin and Kara wheeled on their own.[/size]

[size=1em]Glenn(CJ8), Tom(ConcreteCharlie), Jim(Chief) with Scott riding shotgun arrived around 9ish it was all good and Jay (Slopoke) was our guide. [/size]

[size=1em]Since the North property access is free the rest of the year we decided to roll there. With the logging, it was a dust bowl. Was not too impressed but there were some decent trails. One short snag when we had to change ConcreteCharlie's tire (blown bead and bent rim) [/size]
    [size=1em] tire Around 11:30 we switched back to the main property, ran poll line (Chief could have used an outboad motor) and a few other trails that Slopoke managed to shatter his axle ujoint) then we stopped at crawler ridge for lunch and I ran the right side. We teased Glenn relentlessly until he caved and tried it too. I think it was the threat of loosing his Man Card that swayed him. But he ran it fine and was redeemed in the eyes of the Virginia Jeep club that was hanging out.; After several other trails we went down "O" and Dennis and I took the Black trail on the left side, that's where I got stuck and the trusty winch got me moving again. Glenn lost his brakes (they are over rated) when he deiced to do some logging of his own. At that point, everyone headed off the trails and called it a day. Since it was still only about 2pm and Glenn was making good progress on his brake repair, Dennis and I headed back out trail C, ran snake bite and few other black trails and ended with TATAs trail. I really like that trail, the blue and black sections are pretty technical and challenging. Only damage I received, was when a tree dragged across my roll cage, it ripped my bikini top and trashed a grab handle. Oh and now my Speedometer is not working. That leaves me with 1 only working gauge in my whole Jeep, but that Volt meter works like a banshee! [/size]

[size=1em]Went to O'Neil's Pub for dinner with Cody, Kevin and Kara and camped sat night. Was a great time !!![/size]

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Jim, Hopefully your trans fluid is just diluted and all it takes is a new filter and fluid flushed and replaced. My water excursions led to a rebuild and trans mod to move the breather up I to the engine bay. Fingers crossed!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• [youtube]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• Oh you went on that line? Yeaaaaaah, don't take that line. On the other side of the pole it's usually only a few inches deep.

Ahh so! No worries....I'm having pontoons installed on the bumpers next week.

• Just a side note, I was extremely impressed with my new MTR Kevlars on the trail, I ran them pretty hard, and they performed really well . I noticed that at around 13 PSI, they only looked a little flattened, but folded real nice around rocks. This gave a better ride height while aired down, and fantastic grip.

• Just a side note, I was extremely impressed with my new MTR Kevlars on the trail, I ran them pretty hard, and they performed really well . I noticed that at around 13 PSI, they only looked a little flattened, but folded real nice around rocks. This gave a better ride height while aired down, and fantastic grip.

Steve, I have run most brands for yrs, I also own the new MTRs, and highly reccommend them offroad.

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Checked and it looks like the speedometer cable twisted itself in knots and broke . Just ordered a replacement cable. [/font]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!