• But each post only weighs maybe 400lbs says the dealer. More like almost 600 lbs. you think you would learn by now, when I say I need help lifting something it's normally not light stuff. Lol

• I'm going to bet it came from here based on the brand. Which model I'm not sure but the prices aren't too different for any of the 2-post setups. I'm curious as to how they work out as I'll be in the market once we're settled in the new house.

--Ian

• It's the Atlas 10K base plate lift found here http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-BP10000. So far it has been great, I just did a complete suspension job on a trail blazer SS last night. I had a 4 door Dodge Dakota on it for some exhaust work as well with no issues. I tossed my F250 diesel on it for giggles and it didn't even flinch lifting it. The only thing that is a pain is getting it adjusted, I think it's not just right yet but it's close. All and all I am happy with it, if I had the height in the garage I would do the one with the overhead vs. the base plate. Easy install once you get it all unloaded and measure out where you want it. Just happy that I finally pulled the trigger on it, I have been talking about it for years and just decided to buy it.

• It's the Atlas 10K base plate lift found here http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-BP10000. So far it has been great, I just did a complete suspension job on a trail blazer SS last night. I had a 4 door Dodge Dakota on it for some exhaust work as well with no issues. I tossed my F250 diesel on it for giggles and it didn't even flinch lifting it. The only thing that is a pain is getting it adjusted, I think it's not just right yet but it's close. All and all I am happy with it, if I had the height in the garage I would do the one with the overhead vs. the base plate. Easy install once you get it all unloaded and measure out where you want it. Just happy that I finally pulled the trigger on it, I have been talking about it for years and just decided to buy it.

Sweet...good to hear some feedback on their lifts. The shop at our new house has plenty of height and I was considering the PV-10HP. Was wondering if it was worth just ponying up the extra $300 for the 12k but if yours handles your f250 fine that sounds perfect as my f350 would likely be the biggest thing I'd ever need on it.

--Ian

• That's what Luke is figuring out now, I think he is going with the 12K because of the drive thru distance. It's worth going to the showroom to check it out, talk to Anthony, he seems to be the only one there that knows anything about the lifts. I spent a good amount of time looking for lifts and ended up with this one.

• Sweet...good to hear some feedback on their lifts. The shop at our new house has plenty of height and I was considering the PV-10HP. Was wondering if it was worth just ponying up the extra $300 for the 12k but if yours handles your f250 fine that sounds perfect as my f350 would likely be the biggest thing I'd ever need on it.

--Ian

The PV-10P was what I wanted but the drive thru is the narrowest of all their lifts at 96" The PV-12P has a 106" drive thru. I wanted to be able to back my trailer between the posts. so $300 more for the 12K is worthwhile to me. Plus my family has a F550 stake body that I can lift. And its bigger than Jeff's, but I'm used to hearing that.

• The PV-10P was what I wanted but the drive thru is the narrowest of all their lifts at 96" The PV-12P has a 106" drive thru. I wanted to be able to back my trailer between the posts. so $300 more for the 12K is worthwhile to me. Plus my family has a F550 stake body that I can lift.

Good to know. New shop has 10' wide doors front and rear and will likely end up with it in the back but I'd like to be able to drive a decent size vehicle through.

And its bigger than Jeff's, but I'm used to hearing that.

That sounds like reason enough to me.

• I have a OH-10X, extra wide, extra tall. It has a 106" drive thru, my trailer is 101" gives me a few extra inches while backing under. Lifts my extended cab dually just fine.
    Can be a pain to set up by yourself, but doable.

• Ian, They say to set the lift up about 10ft off the front wall while taking into account tool boxes etc... Because this lift is a super symmetrical I ended up going about 13ft off the back wall. My set up isn't ideal for lifting my truck because of the garage limitations. I think Matt and I spent like 2 or 3hrs just measuring things out and trying to figure out where the ideal spot would be. Honestly I didn't set this up just for my truck, it's more for the jeep and cars etc... My truck is so tall I can get it off the ground enough to pull tires and do suspension. You are welcome to come check it out next time you are down my way.

Set up- It kinda is a pain in the ass, just the initial getting everything where I wanted it, then squaring the posts with each other took some time. Once that was done and the posts were set, it was just a matter of running cables, hydro lines and electric. I'm still trying to get the cables and the locks adjusted, that has proved to be a pain. Just when I think I have it, I have to adjust it again. Aside from that, it has not had any issues lifting what I have had on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!