• I'm going to order the axles from complete offroad

Did you order them or find out what brand they are?

Anyone have any experience with those RCV shafts? The are a sh1t-ton of cash, but if they are really as awesome as they say they are it might be worth saving for them.

Not as good on the 27 spline d30 because the shafts and cv r stronger then the ring gear. U really dont want that. Real nice on a d44 though.

Thanks, I didn't consider that. I can change a broken shaft in the freezing cold with a minimum of tools, there's no fixing a broken ring gear on the trail for me.

• I ordered them, $450.00 including shipping after $50.00 rebate for the pair with the seals for the driver and passenger sides and stuff to eliminate the disconnect. I didn't ask about the actual brand, but I was told they are alloy axles, made in the U.S.A. with a lifetime breakage warranty. They gotta be better than what I had, deed done!!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I ordered them, $450.00 including shipping after $50.00 rebate for the pair with the seals for the driver and passenger sides and stuff to eliminate the disconnect. I didn't ask about the actual brand, but I was told they are alloy axles, made in the U.S.A. with a lifetime breakage warranty. They gotta be better than what I had, deed done!!

FYI Randy, there are better options now too than the rabbit ears and tin foil on top of your TV. :)

• Got the axles today. Yukon.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I've heard that when you break a u-joint in a chromoly shaft the ears tend not to break with them. Anybody know if that's the case? It would be nice to be able to break a joint an not loose the shafts with it.

• When running a d30 cromo i have broke joints with and without loosing the shaft ears. Just depends on how hard u beat on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!