new issues

• :censored: the idle is wavering and almost stalls. :censored: I can not find a vacuum leak but i might have missed something. :bang: I just want it to run like it did. :help:

• Unplug the TPS and see what happens. Idle problems are often from the IAC, though. It's the plunger on the throttle body that lets air bypass the throttle valve to control the idle. If that's gummed up, it'll for sure make idle difficult.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• cleaned throttle body and IAC. checked spark plugs and re gaped them. I wounder if the coil pack if bad or weak? :bang:

• Personally, I think you need to step back and think about this.

Unless I'm mistaken this all started because of a noise and you decided to replace the camshaft sensor?

And it seems to have gone downhill since.

Vacuum gauges are cheap. Get one and see what you have. If it's fine you can eliminate that.

I would think a bad coil pack would show all the time, not just at idle.

Vacuum leaks can be hard to find. A plastic tee or other fitting could be cracked and you will never hear it, but it will affect idle. Spraying carb cleaner on the fittings can sometimes help isolate it; idle will increase if it gets sucked in thru a crack or hole.

Do your HVAC flaps work ok? ie. Do they change from vent to floor, etc. There's a rubber vacuum hose that is notorious for coming loose on TJs that will affect idle.

• HVAC works great, not issues with any part of it. I will try the vacuum gauge and see where I am. :spinrhead:

• update

I found that the valve cover gasket was bad, so new one on.
    The pcv was bad, new one on.
    tightened all down to specs... new hose for pcv.

Same problem came back...... I have little hair to pull out....

• None of those gaskets would cause a vaccum issue. They r on the crank case pressure side of things. All the vacuum stuff is between the throtle body and intake manifold. Any chance u have put a fuel guage on the system just to rule out the pump?

• U should be able to rent one from the parts store or i think they are around $30 at harbor freight. Maybe someone close has one you could use. Bottom line is u need fuel, air and spark for it to run. If u can eliminate 2 of the 3 as the issue at least u know what to concentrate on.

Fyi, You should see over 40psi or more if u get the gauge.

• checking the spark with the coil rail should be fun.
    my buddy has one be he is out of the country for a while, I will check another friend.

• Something like this is only a few bucks. Not sure if u can a weak spark but u can tell if u have no spark.

• so I replaced the TPS and the MAP..... well it runs much better, but I still have an idle issue which I think I can clear up with resetting the distributor. thank you all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!