Part ID Help

• Included in the surplus parts box that came with my jeep were these brackets.

Does anyone know what they are for?

Also included is what appears from an Internet search, to be a 200 watt CB amp. It's bigger than the CB and has 10 gauge power wires on it and looks like a finned heat sink. Do to the very limited info I can find on it I question whether it is even legal to use. Is there any need for this device in addition to the CB? The CB I bought says that it is 4 watts, if that is the case I assume 4 watts is sufficient due to the close range and limited antenna height.

• Also included is what appears from an Internet search, to be a 200 watt CB amp. It's bigger than the CB and has 10 gauge power wires on it and looks like a finned heat sink. Do to the very limited info I can find on it I question whether it is even legal to use. Is there any need for this device in addition to the CB? The CB I bought says that it is 4 watts, if that is the case I assume 4 watts is sufficient due to the close range and limited antenna height.

Can't help with the brackets, but a CB amp is 100% illegal to use. 4W is the legal limit for the AM mode (what almost everybody uses). Most CB installs are so poorly done that you won't hear somebody more than 1/4 mile away, so for offroad purposes, it doesn't help if you have more power as you still won't be able to hear them answer. Depending on the model, you might be able to sell it to a ham radio operator who wants to use it on the 10 meter band.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Jerry is correct about the linear amp is not legal to use. It will also piss off people on the trail. We run so close together that if you were to key up it would walk all over anyone else who was transmitting. I'm not sure if 200 amps will damage another radio close by but I know some of the larger ones will. I have a cousin that used to have a 1000 watt linear amp on his base station CB and huge antenna mast on a hill. He could really reach out.

• Jerry is correct about the linear amp is not legal to use. It will also piss off people on the trail. We run so close together that if you were to key up it would walk all over anyone else who was transmitting. I'm not sure if 200 amps will damage another radio close by but I know some of the larger ones will. I have a cousin that used to have a 1000 watt linear amp on his base station CB and huge antenna mast on a hill. He could really reach out.

Hey I know that guy!

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!