• The little tag on the side should tell you the gear ratio. Should have something like 307 373 410 411, etc.

40869-1 is the part number for the diff cover for a Dana 30.
    43225 is the part number for the cover for a Dana 35.

I have the parts list saved, but it's much easier to just eyeball the axle to see what it is. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The little tag on the side should tell you the gear ratio. Should have something like 307 373 410 411, etc.

40869-1 is the part number for the diff cover for a Dana 30.
    43225 is the part number for the cover for a Dana 35.

I have the parts list saved, but it's much easier to just eyeball the axle to see what it is. :)

Thank u

• Now I have 33s on a tj with a 2.5 automatic trans what would be the best setup when I put the 4 inch lift on as gear ratio wise for when I start climate and just daily driving and will having the 33 is on now mess up my differential until I get my lift or changing out gears

• Novak adapters has a gear ratio calculator on their website. Lift should have no effect on gear ratio. 33s won't mess up a differential. Having the "wrong" gearing will either have you lugging a lot from too low a ratio, or revving a lot from too high a ratio. It really comes down to your driving style and what works best for you and your motor and tire size.

• Here is a gear ratio calculator I made up some years ago to determine what gearing I should use. I believe you just need to enter in the current gearing and tire size and the tire size you would be going to. I haven't used it in a long while.

It also determines how far off my speedometer would be and what speedo-gear I needed to correct for the change in tire size. That would be different for you though since it refers to a Dana 20 and/or Dana 18 transfer case.

click for image

Being a 4 cylinder automatic I'd probably go 1 gear ratio lower than what it suggests.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!