***Big Dogs Main Jambo Sign up 9/9, 9/10. 9/11***

• And I thought I was saving that airbag for Sal.

Guess I'll be packing mine too. Pay no attention when I'm burying something under your tent..... :innocent:

• Who is bringing a grill? If we're going to have a few I'm going to leave mine at home so I can avoid having to put stuff on the rack and leave it at Aaron's.

Also, I think I'm due for new fire extinguishers around the house so I'm going to bring 3 of them. Bring other cool stuff to shoot. I'm going to make a Cabela's run this week. If anyone wants tannerite let me know.

• I'm about half screwed right now. I was changing some oils and found an input gear tooth in the transmission. It was only one so I got it all out and apart and cleaned. I'm going to try to get a new one Tuesday morning to have by Wednesday, but if I can't get an American made one by then I'm probably out. I will post again Tuesday when I know more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• 1. altierior
    2. JKGray10
    3. Stafford
    4. Slowpoke (33s)
    5. WILLYN- as long as my jeep is still running. (35s)
    6. Spedly
    7. JMack (33s)
    8. Daddanelena
    9. Tonka
    10. Shorebird
    11. Gavan
    12. Astape
    13. 2000sahara
    14. Jeffsjk
    15. JeepSahara

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'm out. Too many other things going on.

1. altierior
    2. JKGray10
    3. Stafford
    4. Slowpoke (33s)
    5. WILLYN- as long as my jeep is still running. (35s)
    6. Spedly
    7. Daddanelena
    8. Tonka
    9. Shorebird
    10. Gavan
    11. Astape
    12. 2000sahara
    13. Jeffsjk
    14. JeepSahara

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• A few of us were talking about doing steaks Friday night. Bring your own.

12oz Rib Eyes. I might bring U10 scallops (IQF dry-pack, of course) for surf-and-turf. :drool:

Just because I have a freezer full of this stuff does not change the fact that this is 'Bring your own'. :innocent:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Don't forget your potato

Will par-boil Yukon Gold potatoes tonight.

Here's a neat little life-hack that I like to use when baking potatoes or cooking them on the grill: Stick one or two 10d nails through the potatoes lengthwise. As the metal heats up, it transfers heat into the center of the potato so it cooks from the inside as well. Makes them cook faster, and more importantly, a better end-product on the plate.

~ JD

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Should galvanized nails be used to help add zinc to your diet??????

I prefer gold like the one they used for the ceremonious completion of the Transcontinental Railroad. But that's much a matter of personal preference. Believe it or not, some people don't even keep gold spikes on hand; in that case, I imagine galvanic zinc might also work.

~ JD

• I'll be driving my Jeep out to Big Dogs leaving Thursday around noon, but not wheeling. Way to many things just waiting to break on the trails, I'll bore you all with the details when I get there. I got it to the point that it should be ok in 2wd, but I'll be looking for a right seat. I'll throw a steak and a potato in my cooler.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• ... I'll be looking for a right seat.

Damn, lke 80% of my trips I am looking for a passenger, but this time I'll have my woman with me.

Speaking of which, who else is bringing their wives/girlfriends?

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!