• Just curious if a front hub from a wj w a d30 would fit in a tj? I'm looking at possibly swapping to a 5x5 lug wheel and don't want to run an adapter up front.

• Well, I know that folks have use WJ knuckles in TJs to use the bigger WJ brakes, and used TJ hubs to keep their original wheels. So, I'd say that the reverse would likely be possible. But, most of those installs recommended using spacers for the hubs so you had the same u-joint spacing, I'm not sure how that would work out. I searched for a few minutes and didn't find any info on the swap, but it might be out there something.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• My reason asking is to use a set of jk wheels on the front without having the front axle wider than the rear. I'd have to use adapters in the rear cause the 8.8 is roughly 1.5 narrower than the d35 is.

• Your 8.8 should be only .5" different in width. It really doesnt matter if the rear is narrow. Chevy trucks have been that way forever. That being said i would also perfer not running spacers if possible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!