New to Jeeps

• Hello to all,
    I am a 15 year old kid from Newark Delaware. For my first car I've always wanted nothing but a Jeep, and that's what I got. I bought a 1994 four cylinder, five speed, YJ that has definitely seen better days. I will have pictures that I will upload soon. The reason I joined this forum was to get any advice, tips and/or tricks I can get to help me in my project.

Thanks to everyone,
    - Sean M

• Welcome aboard! Although you may have a lot of work in front of you, YJs are a lot easier to work on than modern cars. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Do you have any pictures on-line. If you do post a link to them so we can see what you got.

1rst thing: don't open a magazine and want to buy everything. That's very hard NOT to do.

2nd thing: set a plan (which will come as you learn more about what you got and the issues may have)

3rd thing: spend wisely. That way you don't get into upgrading the same parts multiple times because you changed your plan.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 2x on john, 1st fix everything to make it safe and fun. Remember, lift/gears/locker/tires will probably cost more than you paid for the jeep. Plan on adding skds , rockers bumpers first.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If you can find one, the TSM (technical service manual) would be better. But the Chiltons will have most of what you need for the more basic stuff. TSM would have what the Chilton has plus total rebuild information.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Welcome and congrats on getting your Jeep. There's a lot of good, helpful people here that can get you through just about anything Jeep related. I'm also a YJ guy and agree with the above posted advice. Get your Jeep road worthy and reliable and then come up with a plan on how you want to use it. The Chilton/Haynes manuals are good sources for repair help. If you're not already on Jeep Forum, start perusing the site... especially the YJ Tech page (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/). Search for the YJ FSM there... someone has it in PDF form, free to all.

....and post up pics of your Jeep! :razz:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Questions about the problems found in the Jeep have been moved to Jeep Talk so they will get more attention.

http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=42460.0

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!