**DEJA Free Member Appreciation Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 5/20/17**

• Going to back myself out of this ride... I won't be ready for this, I don't think. I don't want y'all ordering any extra food on the very slim chance that I'd be able to make this...

1. Stafford, prob camping Friday, def Saturday
    2. dkirkley, camping friday/sat, 101/greens/blues
    3. Slowpoke
    4. Hagar The Horrible, Saturday. Greens/ blues?
    5. Kuntryboy816, Camp Fri/Sat - Blues/Greens/101
    6. Shorebird, Green/Blue/Black
    7. Imarammr+1 camping Fri & Sat. Blues/Greens/101/etc............
    8. Daddanelena
    9. altierior
    10.TheDarkSide + nutrijeeper camping Fri and Sat. Green/blue/purple/black
    11. Jeepfan, camping, greens/blues/101
    12. Flutterby + Diva Child
    13. JKGray10 - Hard stuff - Camping
    14. AEZ - Camping
    15. KnoxRents with family. Hard stuff if I bring one Jeep. Easy stuff if Lisel drives the JK. Not sure yet.
    16. Buster Stewart
    17. whypave - Smiley camping or hotel not sure yet, hard stuff
    18. cj8, green / blues, camping Friday & Saturday
    19. customcreationsllc - Justin, camping or hotel not sure yet, hard stuff.
    20.sandtostand- hard stuff, maybe camping
    21. Stomper-blue /black
    22 Jkranger08- Blue /black
    23. Joe love, guest. Green/blues

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• 1. Stafford, prob camping Friday, def Saturday
    3. Slowpoke
    6. Shorebird, Green/Blue/Black
    8. Daddanelena
    9. altierior
    14. AEZ - Camping
    15. KnoxRents with family. Hard stuff if I bring one Jeep. Easy stuff if Lisel drives the JK. Not sure yet.
    16. Buster Stewart
    21. Stomper-blue /black
    24. Keith.eric - greens/blues. Probably just a day trip.

• I'm out. This weather has interfered with another ride. I can't be sure that I'll be back in time.

3. Slowpoke
    8. Daddanelena
    9. altierior
    14. AEZ - Camping
    16. Buster Stewart
    21. Stomper-blue /black
    24. Keith.eric - greens/blues. Probably just a day trip.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I'm planning on getting the food order in on Tuesday, because of how much we order Red Lion has asked to have it placed well in advance so they have enough chicken. We've got more flexibility on this than the member party (where we actually pay per person) but I'd still like to have the head count pretty much locked down by Tuesday. I'm more concerned with having people not stay for the food and having extra (partially because of the club's $$ and partially because I'll eat it :)) than not having enough.

Also, we've got a little something going on for the giveaways...

be there saturday morning no camping ill be making the trip back down sat night.

@Cumminspwr8993 I sent you a PM a couple weeks ago but didn't see a response, you're more than welcome to join the ride as a non-member and pay your own trail fees for the day but it's honestly cheaper to pay for the membership.

• I'll probably head up Friday after work. 5-ish.
    As always, whoever gets up there first try to claim a section for camping and parking for the trailer queens.

• I'm attending. Ryan Connor, username: VTcivil99 (new member as of 5/17, friend of whypave and Stafford). Driving a 2017 IBEX Buggy. Friend Dan E. will also come with in a Jeep truggy, but not sure if he did the official membership yet. We are staying at Comfort Inn.

Will join for dinner. I realize this entry looks to be after the dinner order. We'll eat light if need be.

3. Slowpoke
    5. Imarammr+1 camping Fri & Sat. Blues/Greens/101/etc............
    6. Daddanelena
    7. altierior
    8.TheDarkSide + nutrijeeper camping Fri and Sat. Green/blue/purple/black
    9. Jeepfan, camping, greens/blues/101
    10. Flutterby + Diva Child
    11. JKGray10 - Hard stuff - Camping
    12. AEZ - Camping
    13. KnoxRents with family. Hard stuff if I bring one Jeep. Easy stuff if Lisel drives the JK. Not sure yet.
    14. Buster Stewart
    15. whypave - Smiley camping or hotel not sure yet, hard stuff
    16. cj8, green / blues, camping Friday & Saturday
    17. customcreationsllc - Justin, camping or hotel not sure yet, hard stuff.
    18.sandtostand- hard stuff, maybe camping
    19. Stomper-blue /black
    20 Jkranger08- Blue /black
    21. Joe love, guest. Green/blues
    22. Keith.eric - greens/blues. Probably just a day trip.+
    23. VTcivil99 (Ryan Connor), member, hard stuff, hotel
    24. Dan Elwing and guest (not on forum, non-member, may join), hard stuff, hotel

• Looks like we're going to be down a couple trail guides. If you're interested in leading a group post up with which level you can lead.
    Thanks

Also- general organization is meetup in the parking lot over near the camping area. We're shooting for the wooded section to the right when you first turn in. Look for the blue Ford F250 and/or my od green tj with the orange cage.
    Get there early so we can give you your pass. You still need to go into the office to sign in or renew your membership.

Thanks Matt

• We had a group of six Jeeps starting out to do as many blacks as possible. We had Wayne (daddanelena), John (altierior), Keith (Stomper), Tim (jkranger08), Tim (Buster Stewart), and me. Karen came along with me as the official photographer and videographer and Rugby as the official Jeep dog. We got some unexpected rain in the morning, but it had mostly stopped by the time we hit the trail, and it was cloudy and cool all day.

We started out K and across C as usual, then straight over to 5, where John and I got stuck between the trees last time out, but this time we got through the hardest parts with no problem thank to Keith's expert spotting. Tim Davis had to make the shortest winch pull ever -- about three feet to the nearest tree. We did all of 5, then cut across 2 to Pole Line. The Mud Pit was lower than I've ever seen it, probably 18 inches of water on the deep side, despite the rain.

From there we headed over to the West side, down H to 11 and down 11 to the new black trail that just opened. It goes to the left just before Rock Creek. Right now it's less than half done and ends up at the black trail that hits Rock Creek about the middle, but eventually it will go all the way over to 23. It's a great black trail already. We were doing pretty well until something caught the brake lines on John's rear axle and broke one of the hard lines off the T fitting. John managed to clean up the broken end and Wayne had a flaring tool and a spare hard line, so they were able to patch it up, but then the first bleeder fitting wouldn't break loose and John ended up having to head back to the parking lot anyway.

Wayne and Tim Davis had to cut out early, so they went back with John, while Keith, Tim Stewart and I finished the new trail and took the Short Cut to Rock Creek, crossed Rock Creek and did 13A (blue-black) and crossed over 11 to do 20 (black). We got half way through 20 before it was time to head back to the parking lot. We got back just in time for Red Lion Inn broasted chicken -- deelicious! Other than John's brake line and one of my shock mounts (happens every time -- I just got six replacements), no real trail damage. Karen took 1,100 photos and 27 videos -- and turned out to be a pretty good spotter besides! We'll be posting the final cut of the pix and video in a day or two.

• This is a short video, first in a series. Be sure to get the sound. This is on the new black trail.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!