Acceleration fail

• 2012 Grand Cherokee, V6, about 64k miles. Just had inspection at dealer 2 months ago. No problems until today.

Check engine light came on this morning.

Drive on highway about 15 miles at around 65mph no issues.

Local street, was going up hill and went to accelerate to pass and make a lane change..... sudden complete loss of acceleration and vehicle started slowing down. Tried again and could not accelerate. It made no loud noises or anything else odd.

Arrived where I was going (around the corner), parked vehicle for about an hour. Went out and drove again.

Engine light still on, but works fine. Drove several miles including up hill and accelerated no problem. Try variety of situations, like starting accelerating mid hill, accelerating from various speeds.... no problem.

Is it possible this was just a random one time misfire? Or cylinder going bad? I filled up with gas last night, maybe got a bad batch?

I am also about to deploy overseas in about 4 weeks so not much time to work with.

• Could very well be a bad batch of gas. Might try a bottle of dry gas for starters. Maybe a fuel filter going bad?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Check your code.. Sounds like you went into limp mode for a few.. Code will tell the tale.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• if it was a "dead" pedal feeling it could be the fly by wire gas pedal. Again get the codes read and u will know.

• Thanks.

The engine light went off shortly after I posted that an performance has been fine since then. Have driven on turnpike and local roads with full acceleration.

Ill stop in place that gives free code scans though.

Yeah I am still in. Im just going to Kuwait, nothing exciting. Will be there for most of 2018.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!