Herculining

• Good luck Chris, let us know (with pics!) how it turns out. Some before and after shots would be nice. :hmm:

I need to set aside a weekend for this. What's the shelf life of Herc? I've had a gallon of it unopened for about 2 years. I have the spray gun too, just need a container to hook to it. Could I use my air tank to do this?

• Lookin Good Chris. I wish I had the time to do that to mine. I imagine the prep time is key.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• holy exclamation points, batman :) thanks - it was sort of a pain in the arse prepping everything but i like it. i scuffed everything, vacuumed, then washed with soap and water, then xylened, then taped everything off, then xylened again (fuuuuuumes), and then started to spray. i messed with the pressure settings and found 55psi gave the first coat smooth even coverage and then did the second and third at 45psi for more texture. i just went and checked on it again - it's almost firm enough to be putting the seats and console back in. lots of satisfaction in doing this project. it's not very tough to do nor expensive...but i've been planning/cancelling it for 2 1/2 summers now.
    chris

herculiner kit - $50 at autozone
    undercoating gun - $7 at harbor freight
    paint stirrer - $3 at harbor freight
    scuff pad, tape, drop cloths - $15 at walmart
    xylene - $5 at tru value
    full gauntlet painting gloves - $5 at tru value

(just in case anyone else is curious on what it costs)

• chris that looks really good man, when I did mine It was no where as clean as urs looks...almost makes me wanna redo mine and touch-up where I screwed up....nice work, looks pro done

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• fixed it for ya.

• Wow! It looks like everyone is doing this now. I definitely want to get mine done this summer. Just waiting for the money and mostly the time.

I have heard that some people don't like the herculiner product too well. Having problems with it pealing or chipping. I figure that it may be more of a problem with truck beds and people just throwing stuff in them. Has anyone had any problems like that?

A guy I work with has started doing the spray in bedliner and I am thinking about going with his. The information he gave me about his product Armor-Thane is that is holds up alot better that the others, won't chip or peal, and only takes 10 minutes and it's dry. He said that you should still wait a good 12 to 24 hrs to put everything back in though. And he guarantees it.

If anyone is interested in checking this out he has a website about his product.

http://www.jrsbedliners.com/

I am pretty sure that he would give alot better deal that any of the places around that do it. Plus, he has a mbile unit and can come to you to do it.

• Silly question, but I'm getting ready to herc mine either this week or next....what type of bottle did you use with the HF undercoating gun?

Thanks

-Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!