WrenchFest Friday, June 4th

• looks like we're lifting wanderlust's jeep even higher tomorrow here at my house. he said to put a post up about it in case anyone wanted to stop by and see/help us. we're making his lift an even 4", putting on new brake lines, dropping the transfer case, putting on a new steering stabilizer, and maybe getting his 33"s on too! he's planning on being at my place around 9 in the morning - come on by!
    chris 302 264 1025

3176 forrest avenue.

head west on route 8 out of dover. my house is two miles west of the wawa stoplight. right side of the road - two story house w/two jeep garage :)

p.s. the driveway is right after the forrest avenue animal hospital.

• OH MY GOD!

Now that Selena is busy with the baby he's going WILD! :laughing:

I wish you guys would get normal jobs so I could attend some of these wrench fests.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I goofed off and skipped out on work today, I can't do it two days in a row! This is something I've been waiting to see! I'm sorry I have to miss it.

Paul, does this mean we switch you from "stock" to "modified" for Sunday's ride?

• Now now, no one is going wild! This has been 5 years in the making!

It's not even a "lift" that you would buy, although it's all the parts (I hope). I've been collecting miscellaneous stuff for close to a year to do this. Selena bought me new 33's for Fathers Day (although they're NOT here yet), and all of this is going on in preparation!

I can't wait. My little Jeep finally on 33's, and just months before it's paid off (well, November :doh: )

Andrew, I'm not even sure I can make Sunday's ride. That would require the tires actually arriving, and being mounted and balanced, alignment, etc. It would be very tight. I have my nephew's graduation on Saturday, so not much can get done then, it's not looking good.

Even so, IF I did get to go, I'd stick to stock to make sure all is working right, and to keep james company. :wavey: I'm not sure I want to hit any modified until I have some rocker protection.

Someone get me a freelance job!

• OK, OK, OK. Father's Day isn't even here yet, so you can't play with your presents yet. I hope you got Selena something good for Mother's Day!

Do you think we'll see you on the June 19th or 20th rides at Paragon?

• Quote from "wanderlust"

I've been collecting miscellaneous stuff for close to a year to do this.

Read as, "I have to make room for all the baby stuff so...."

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "BlueJ"

OK, OK, OK. Father's Day isn't even here yet, so you can't play with your presents yet. I hope you got Selena something good for Mother's Day!

For her first Mothers Day, Selena got an Aquamarine (Adyson's birthstone), saphire and diamond ring. She seemed to like it. :rollsmile:

Do you think we'll see you on the June 19th or 20th rides at Paragon?

Being that that weekend IS actually Fathers Day, I believe we're going to N. Jersey to see my Dad. He's currently in the hospital (again), having had another angioplasty on Wednesday. Plus, we're going to see my brother who lives there, and it's his first Fathers Day also.

I really wanted to go on this ride, since everyone's staying at Icky Mountain. I WANT TO GO CAMPING! Please schedule another ride out there soon.

I'm working on getting to some trail rides this summer. Promise.

• I'm going to try to make it. I will be back from vacation but have to see what is going on when I get back.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• got the lift finished...just ran out of time for the brake lines. we ran into a few snags here and there - steering stabilizer mount bolt stripped out, rear bumpstop bolts were too short, and i ran out of CO2 just shy of the end of the day. oh well. now he just needs those swampers to get to his house!
    chris

• Looks Good Paul. :up: It will look even better once you get those tires on.
    Hope they come in soon.
    Brian :flag:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Thanks all, and THANKS to Quadna for all the work on Friday to finally finish the lift stuff (special thank you to Icky for applying my new shock stickers!)

I have a set of the Cragar black D window rims in my garage, waiting on the arrival of a set of Interco TrXus 33 x 12.5's. They were supposed to be here last week. Looks like I have some calls to make on Monday.

paul

• Quote from "wanderlust"

(special thank you to Icky for applying my new shock stickers!)

What can I say....I'm a professional :) Anyone else need any stickers applied? (DrJ, I KNOW you always have more stickers to put on)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!