jeep towing scary sight on 495

• just what is the tow strap MPH rating?

495s at 8:30pm I see one swb jeep go by, then I see 3 more 1 on a tow strap. what happened guys?

I wasn't in my jeep so no monkey.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Well basically... Paul flat tows Ian. Jason then flat tows Paul. Artie flat tows Ian... 2 hours of sitting at WAWA... Then Jason Flat tows Ian. Paul drives. Artie drives. that simple. We started on the Turnpike ended up at Ians Door. :roll:

• Quote from "jwalk"

Well basically... Paul flat tows Ian. Jason then flat tows Paul. Artie flat tows Ian. Then Jason Flat tows Ian. Paul drives. Artie drives. that simple. We started on the Turnpike ended up at Ians Door. :roll:

We weren't supposed to understand that right? :doh:

• Quote from "wanderlust"

We weren't supposed to understand that right? :doh:

well what he meant was,

ians truck does not run, paul tows ian. then thinks that the motor blows while towing due to the large amount of smoke. Jason tows paul, artie tows ian. (to the next exit) after waiting a couple of hours trying to arange trailers and the such, we decide to go to my mother in laws 20 mins. away.

this time jason towing ian, paul driving, amazingly without smoke and artie.

that ended up going the whole way home.

so today left me with a blown rear main, again,
    a front air line ripped off my locker, a twisted fender and flair, and a broken marker light.

a non running ian

and a broken spare tire carrier for jason

so I think that was about it.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• we were on the way back from the Camp Jeep meeting.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• I will explain this one more time...... j/k

It was a great day. No major breakage, ON THE TRAIL, that is!

Just a whole lot of this on the way home...

• What the heck? I guess I should have waited around for you guys...

I went out running errands soon after I got home, and I forgot to take my cell phone with me. I just saw Jason's phone message. Damn, I could've come up to get you...

• Sorry to hear about your breakage. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who breaks on the road. :peace:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!