IT'S OFFICIAL - GWNF Stocker Trail Ride - September 11

• I don't know where everyone lives, but looking at the 9am Friday morning list (Quadna's), Paul is the only one on that list who must be coming down to Dover if he's leaving with us at 9am. I know we're also meeting Keith somewhere on Rt. 301 near Rt. 50, if that helps.

DrJ

• Both Paul and I live on Kirkwood Hwy. Maybe we can meet you at the Aamco gas station at 8? How does that sound Paul?

• Well its Monday, wondering when the weather reports will start. :shrug:

I just checked and the weather channel calling for showers and heavy rain today through Thursday. Might be messy. :suspicious:

• Is everyone going to have their CBs on and tuned to channel 4?

I'll be heading down Friday night after work but leaving from here (Frederick). It will take me about 2.5 hours to get there so I'll probably run into some of you on the way there after I pick up I 81.

• Ok, it's set then. Jwalk, DISH, and myself will be meeting at the Aamco on 40 & 896 at 8am to head to Dover. Where exactly is the Aamco? Can we meet somewhere easier like the McD's?

You Dover guys wait for us now!!

Paul (will be glad to be done with this thread)

• Having never been on a single trailride (driver/passenger) I'd really like to go on this one but have plans already for this weekend... when are you going to have this type of ride again?
    :folded:

• Ask again Monday!!!!

Let's see how this one goes first. I'd like to hope DeJA would have at least an annual stocker-friendly ride somewhere.

DrJ

• Quote from "johnnylaw"

Having never been on a single trailride (driver/passenger) I'd really like to go on this one but have plans already for this weekend... when are you going to have this type of ride again?
    :folded:

The club sponsors trail rides at least once a month, sometimes more often. We will tailor the ride according to ability and experience, so new folks like you should join us at Paragon or Rausch Creek. We have trips planned for Sunday September 26, Saturday October 9 (oth at Paragon), and Saturday and Sunday October 23-24 (at Rausch Creek), and Saturday November 6 (at Paragon's Toys for Tots ride).

We will probably plan another ride to GMNF, but not until next year sometime.

Note also, it you would like to experience trail riding and rockcrawling but don't want to take your own jeep out yet, you can tag along as a passenger for any ride - just post that you're looking for a right seat, we usually have some available.

• Quote from "wanderlust"

Ok, it's set then. Jwalk, DISH, and myself will be meeting at the Aamco on 40 & 896 at 8am to head to Dover. Where exactly is the Aamco? Can we meet somewhere easier like the McD's?

You Dover guys wait for us now!!

Paul (will be glad to be done with this thread)

8 am McDs is fine with me.

• Quote from "quadna71"

but nice weather for the camping time. no worries here though...Erica's jeep is sporting mt's :spinrhead:

:hmm: In typical GWNF trail ride fashion, it looks like there is a chance for another major rain storm to mess up the run.

For those who weren't here a few years ago, both scheduled trail rides at GWNF were called off because of a Nor'eater (the second one was also around the time the sniper was out and about).

Hopefully the remnants of hurricane Frances won't mess up your weekend. They are currently forecasting it to go through Philly Wednesday and Thursday. But one thing I have always noticed is that the weather forecasts seems to get moved back a day or so which would put the rain closer towards the weekend.

Be sure to pack your spare clothes in a plastic bag.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Come on John you dont wanna come play in the mud? :rollsmile:

• Quote from "BlueJ"

The club sponsors trail rides at least once a month, sometimes more often. We will tailor the ride according to ability and experience, so new folks like you should join us at Paragon or Rausch Creek. We have trips planned for Sunday September 26, Saturday October 9 (oth at Paragon), and Saturday and Sunday October 23-24 (at Rausch Creek), and Saturday November 6 (at Paragon's Toys for Tots ride).

We will probably plan another ride to GMNF, but not until next year sometime.

Note also, it you would like to experience trail riding and rockcrawling but don't want to take your own jeep out yet, you can tag along as a passenger for any ride - just post that you're looking for a right seat, we usually have some available.

I would love to do a cold weather GWNF trip. :up:

• Quote from "DISH"

Come on John you dont wanna come play in the mud? :rollsmile:

Not without a rear drive shaft.

I'm in "Change over" mode.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Hope I am not stepping on any toes. :wavey:

Weather for Harrisonburg, VA

Fri
    Sep 10 Partly Cloudy 82°/56° precip.10 %
    Sat
    Sep 11 Partly Cloudy 82°/56° 20 %
    Sun
    Sep 12 Partly Cloudy 84°/55° 20 %

Looks Good! :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!