Rocker Gaskets?

• So I finally got off my butt and ordered a set of rockers from Zach at AtoZ. Actually, I heard he had an extra set coming from powder coating so i talked to him and grabbed em up.

My question is does anyone use a gasket or anything b/n the rocker and the but or just bolt them on? If so, what kind of stuff do you use?

• I just bolted mine on. I have heard of people running a silicone bead across the edge once they're installed.

• I just bolted mine on. And I'm a bit sorry about that. I can actually see the sand and grit sitting there between the rocker and the body. If I had it to do over again, I would be a bit of silicon in there.

• I bolted mine on and have since unbolted and siliconed. Turned out great on one side... the other not so good due to some warped material.

• Quote from "quadna71"

matt,
    i used a full tube of roof-flashing sealant on mine. i ran a bead around the outside edge, a ring around all the bolt holes, and then zigzagged the rest around the surface. no visible leaks on mine.
    chris

Yeah, what he said. It's worked out very well.

Chris helped me with mine many moons ago. :peace:

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

doesnt someone make a rubber gasket material just 4 that ?

Yep. I saw it in the Q-tec catalog. I still think a good bead of sealant around them is the way to go.

• The Tough Stuff Rocker protector is what Qtec sells for 24.95. I think that would work out much better than silicone (however, that's what I used b/c they didn't have this stuff out when I did my rockers).

The product # is 12534.300 just in case you want to speed up the process.

HTH

-Chris

• Just a little tip, but Home Depot(not Lowes) sells "shower tub liner", which is used under a shower or bath tub during installation, that works very well. It is 12" wide, compared to 6" wide Tough Stuff", and is a nice thick material that can be applied to our rockers with spray adhesive.

Works great, but may be hard to find sometimes.

See you Saturday. :spinrhead:

• Fine to seal the top and side but dont seal the bottom. You can run vertical beads for addtional protection. If you seal the bottom, you provide no drainage when water gets in there. All it would take is a small area for rain to get in and you could get rust.

steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!