• I'm almost finished shopping I have now in my possession or on order a

3.5 superflex lift
    Dt3000 shocks
    adjustable rear upper control arms
    high clearance skid plate
    super short SYE
    1" motor mounts
    rear shock relocation brackets
    adjustable front track bar (added to list)

Bob Supplee was telling me I may need an adjustable front track bar, is this true? And is the Alumi-Flex Tie Rod Bar HD the same as a track bar or is it something different?

I also need help in getting a driveshaft, I'm not sure what I need. And do I have to have everything installed before I can buy one?

• track bar (panhard bar) is what locates your axle under the jeep. the tie rod is what ties the tires together so the both turn together.
    i belive you can call Tom Woods and tell him what jeep, what lift, and what SYE and he will shaft ya.

• kenny,
    bob's right about the trackbar being needed. your front axle will be shifted to the left about a full inch once you're finished. the alumiflex rod you're talking about is a tie-rod for your steering. it's a very wise upgrade considering the trails you're obviously going to be going over when finished - but it won't address the axle shift issue. click here to see the page that has the light duty adjustable trackbar from RE. they also make a HD version for a few bucks more but the lighter one will work fine.

for the rear driveshaft - you can either order tera's cookie-cutter version from bob, a tom woods one from him directly, or maybe a local shop to get one for substantially cheaper. i only called tera's a cookie cutter one since they have loads of them in stock that are made to a predetermined length to fit the most common jeeps with the most common lifts. you can call and say what year jeep and what make/size lift and they can send you one that'll fit. or you can call tom woods and they'll make it to fit from the dimensions you provide. the catch is that you install everything, measure, then order it. you won't have a rear driveshaft for 7 to 10 days - but you can run your jeep in 4HI with no ill effects.

for the record - i think that tera and tw both have great driveshafts - it just depends upon which sticker you want to end up with ;)

***one more thing - if you go the route of tom woods...maybe call up dmaster. he's also running that same lift on a d35 w/3.07's pushed by a 5 speed - maybe he can measure out his specs for you? (yoke centerline to yoke centerline)***

• Okay I just ordered the RE adjustable front track bar. I also looked into the tera driveshaft and I'm don't want to be lowering the skid plate.

Off the Teraflex website.

Rear TJ Driveshaft for ALL 4 cylinders and 6 cyl. Autos
    (DSR-1625)

Description: Tera offers high quality drivelines to compliment The Tera Low231 Short shaft kit. This driveline helps to reduce extreme angles common in short wheelbase vehicles.
    Note: This driveshaft is not recommended in combination with the S4T suspension sytem and the Belly Up low-profile skid plate. It will work in some conditions, but the driveshaft angle is too severe and may cause CV joint damage. With this combination, we recommend lowering the transfer case with spacers.

• Hey Andrew, do you have any input? Don't you have the tera driveshaft and the 33engineering skid plate. I think because you have more of a lift than what I'm putting on that you could help me out here.

• Since you have the super short SYE and a Belly-up I would not order the Tera driveshaft. Install everything and then take a measurement. There is a very strong chance of the shaft being to short with that combo. Or you can call Tom Woods and tell him what you are going to install and see if he will make one off of those specs.

• My tera shaft works fine with a 4 inch lift w/ a 1.25" body lift and stock skid plate. And i believe Andrew has the same drive shaft and has no problems with the belly up skid. But he can speak up about that.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• My computer at home is on the fritz, and I couldn't log on last night.

I have the Tera driveshaft with all the same stuff that everyone is saying, and I have no problems with it. Bob Supplee sent it to me based on my discription of my jeep, lift, and modifications, and it fits just fine. But this was for the standard SYE - are you getting that, or the supershort SYE?

I think the warning on the Tera site is actually talking about the "Belly Up" brand of high profile T-case skid (I don't remember who makes it), which is cut a bit differently from the 33 Engineering one. But if you're getting the super short SYE, I may agree with Turtle and do the measurement to be sure.

Also, I'm having second thoughts about the Alumi-Flex tie rod. I've wheeled on my maybe four or five times, and it appears bent now. It's not supposed to do that... :sniffle:

Let us know when you are wrenching...

Andrew

• Thanks Andrew, yes I ordered the supershort SYE so I think its best to custom order a driveshaft. I'm still not sure when I can put all this stuff on, lately I been working out of town so much I don't get home long enough to do anything. The plus side is that I been making enough money to pay for my jeep addiction.

• If you are going to measure for a driveshaft... try checking with Frank at http://www.driveshaftshop.com. He is sponsoring me for Neuroc and is reasonable on his driveshafts. He is out of NY so shipping is cheap and quick. All you have to do is give him a length from center of yoke to center of yoke at ride hieght and with the suspension full dropped out (lift from bumper untill tires are off the ground). Also, tell him the joint size and you will be set.

Just so you guys know, one reason I do business with this guy is his service. I found out the Monday before Neuroc that my front ds was bent. I called him on Tues. and he was a able to ship me out a new one to the hotel in Attica, IN for a Fri delivery.

Just my $.02 :).

• Quote from "astape"

All you have to do is give him a length from center of yoke to center of yoke at ride hieght and with the suspension full dropped out (lift from bumper untill tires are off the ground). Also, tell him the joint size and you will be set.

Thanks Aaron, I'll check him out, one thing though what do you mean by joint size? I'm totally lost when it comes to the driveshaft and I'm probably going to need someone to hold my hand when it comes time to order one.

• do you have a lift now i don't remeber and are you looking to sell it if you do have one? you jeep is gonna look really nice on the 3.5

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "omaha"

do you have a lift now i don't remeber and are you looking to sell it if you do have one? you jeep is gonna look really nice on the 3.5

yes, It's a 2" skyjacker BB with nitro shock. I will probably sell it once I install the new lift. I have a friend who maybe wants it, but I'm not sure.

• Quote from "fly-n-hi"

Thanks Aaron, I'll check him out, one thing though what do you mean by joint size? I'm totally lost when it comes to the driveshaft and I'm probably going to need someone to hold my hand when it comes time to order one.

I am 100% sure the short shaft will have a 1310 CV and your pinion should also be a 1310 standard yoke. I think Jeep puts a 1330 yoke on the pinion if you have a limited slip (Track Lock) or a Rubicon.

A 1310 universal joint 3 7/32 overal width. The 1330 is 3 5/8. The caps are the same diameter. Just measure the joint on your original shaft to determine the size of the pinion yoke.

There is a good drive shaft article on page 54 of the June '04 Four Wheeler if you can find a copy.

• I do beleave they are 1310 yokes at both ends. Hopefully when I install everything there will be someone their who could help me measure for a driveshaft.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!