Future Stocker Rides

• Quote from "hzryr61"

I'm not sure why :shrug: I like to have the 'big guns' around, in case I need assisstance. :spinrhead:

my .02

Kevin

what r we chop liver?? :peace:

i think its a good idea

tho i have nothing against the big boys
    and hope to be one of them someday

• Id be game for this. I want my first ride to be a stock one so i know what to expect. Then a lil later i can run with the semi-big guns.

• hmmmmm... I sort a see the point, but I'd hate to be exclusive of anyone. On a normal stocker trail ride, it wouldn't really matter, and I like that some members go to relax for a change (in their bigger Jeeps). Maybe you should explain more...

DrJ

• 33's sound fair because after that you should be able to tackle almost anything...I think there should be room for exception once in a while though, sometimes there people who havent wheeled in a long time and have 35's and wanna get back Into the sport taking It easy the first time or trying a new part out, (gears, lockers, axles), but stocker trails are pretty easy so I see what ya mean...Im Just curious what brought this up though?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Why would you want to exclude anyone? Who cares what your Jeep has done to it, if you want to go on the stocker rides it should be understood in advance that the trails that will be run will be stock level trails. I personally would not like this at all because when I need tires I plan on going with 35's but I really enjoy the stocker rides. As DrJ said, sometimes it is nice to just relax and not have to worry about breaking things etc. Also, I would really like to bring my son on stocker rides because he is only two years old and I like the more laid back format for his sake. What is the problem with everyone being invited anyway?

• i dont really see the point, i would think if someone had a built up jeep and they wanted to just take it easy for the day; they should have the choice of where they want to wheel.

• There are Jeeps that are built to run 35" tires and then there some that just throw on a set of 35's with all the stock running gear and it just can't handle them.

The "big guns" scenario is a joke.

I've been on the last THREE stocker rides and wasted most of all three watching a Jeep with 35" tires be strapped/winched the entire day. It takes away from what the entire group is there for.

35" tires don't mean diddly when only one is applying power to the ground.

Nothing personal here, but myself as well as a few others will probably skip future stocker rides if the afore-mentioned Jeep attends.

Quote from "DrJ"

Maybe you should explain more...

Hope that clears it up.

• i agree and imho, for the most part, i think (and i could be wrong so speak up if i am )that anyone who built there jp's to run 35's or more would not want to attend the stocker rides
    just the same as it would be cool if i was able to run a trail that reguired 35's or larger i know that my jeep would not be able to keep up with the rest of the group
    if they had to "babysit me and my jp it would be aggravating to everyone there

while it would be cool as hell to see elff's jeep or jwalk's or ian's or anyone runnig a tire that large on a stocker trail
    i think they would just get bored easily

my .02$

• I hope this has nothing to do with GWNF and having to turn around 3/4's of the way there because of the narrow trails vs my wider tire stance and brians width and length...I dont think so cause Im only running 33's but I do apply to the top while only having 3.55's, and being winched and strapped because of the eroding edge, I dont think so I Just dont understand....I think Its kinda weird to exclude anyone but I dunno
    I guess what needs to be done needs to be done....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Quote from "XJ99"

I hope this has nothing to do with GWNF and having to turn around 3/4's of the way there because of the narrow trails vs my wider tire stance and brians width and length...I dont think so cause Im only running 33's but I do apply to the top while only having 3.55's, and being winched and strapped because of the eroding edge, I dont think so I Just dont understand....I think Its kinda weird to exclude anyone but I dunno
    I guess what needs to be done needs to be done....

im pretty sure it was not directed towards anyone at that ride

• Keith, I see what you're talking about, and in some respect, I understand and completely agree.

But on the other hand, if a rule of that sorts was to go into affect, I would be inclined to not want to build bigger. As with most people, I want to get bigger and bigger, but I enjoy stocker rides more than anything. I do not like damaging my Jeep, and I enjoy watching newbies be amazed at what they never thought their Jeeps could do. I'd hate to be forced to take it harder.

My .02

• I also understand what you mean Keith but I myself will sometime (probably next summer) go to 35's and I know that out of all the rides we do I enjoy GWNF the most. Sometimes its not all about how hard a trail you can do but a nice scenic ride in the woods is enjoyable. I'm not sure WHO your referring to but if its only 1 specific person then maybe send him a PM and address the problems that way. I personally haven't put on 35's yet because I DO believe in doing it right the first time and I'm waiting to put in new axles, lock and regear all at the same time.
    With that being said I would hate to do all that work and then someone tell me I can't go on a ride because I'm too big. Especially since I'm not going any taller just bigger rubber.

Just my $.02 also
    :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "Icky"

As with most people, I want to get bigger and bigger, but I enjoy stocker rides more than anything. I do not like damaging my Jeep, and I enjoy watching newbies be amazed at what they never thought their Jeeps could do. I'd hate to be forced to take it harder.

I wasn't gonna post...but I changed my mind.
    To tell you the truth I was completeley amazed at what my stock jeep could do at GWNF...granted, that was not a stock ride as many other members informed me...or what should have been a stock ride.
    I to agree with Icky about the part on not damaging my jeep. Mine is a daily driver, and I probably will not go above 33's.
    BUT if there was ever a chance in the near future I decide to buy another Jeep as my daily driver, like a Grand or something I might have the inspiration to go bigger and put some 35's on the TJ, and maybe even make it a little bigger.
    I don't think I would want to be excluded from a ride that I had enjoyed in the past, which should be a nice enjoying ride next time, with some challenges....and maybe even some new trails.:suspicious:

I still am completeley amazed that my stock TJ made it through the trail we did, and I am very impressed with all the other Jeeps that did to. I honestly thought at the "squeeze" we would have to turn around if someone couldn't fit through because of bigger tires, like XJ99.

I am not exactly sure why Keith is saying to exclude 35's and bigger. Maybe someone can better explain it.
    Are you saying they would be bored? If that's the case, probably not because it would be a nice enjoying ride.

hmmm...maybe I am just to hyped up on vicodin... :rolleyes:

That crazy JOO... :roll:

• I don't think this was a topic that needed to be brought to the table. To me, a stock ride is not only for the inexperienced jeep but also the inexperienced driver. I think it's also for anyone that feels like going on a stock ride. It's understandable to limit the harder trails to jeeps that have things like larger tires and lockers, but I can't see limiting a stock ride. When I put 35" tires on my jeep, no one is going to tell me what trails I have to go on.

Quote from "Keith_C"

I've been on the last THREE stocker rides and wasted most of all three watching a Jeep with 35" tires be strapped/winched the entire day. It takes away from what the entire group is there for.

No one is making you go on stock rides. If you don't want to have to sit around and wait for someone to be "strapped the entire day" then don't go on a stock ride. Take your shit on a modified ride if you don't have the patience. And you wonder why people want to bad mouth the club. You must not have heard that when you hold farts in, they travel up to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from....obviously you haven't farted in a while.

• Quote from "jc1121"

To me, a stock ride is not only for the inexperienced jeep but also the inexperienced driver.

And you wonder why people want to bad mouth the club.

i was unaware that if u were an experienced wheeler
    u would become inexperienced just by climbing into a "stock jeep"
    i have never heard of an inexperienced jeep
    elaborate on that for me pls

also i HAVE NEVER heard of anyone bad mouthing the club
    this a great palce with great people so i cant imagine someone would do that
    :peace:

• I think Jen is right here. the "stocker" ride is not only for the stock jeep, but for the stock jeeper. If I had built my jeep to this point and never had wheeled it, would I be able to run some of the stuff that we do? Not in a million years. I will take it one step further. If you were to show up for one of our rides having the jeep that meets the requirements, but had been wheeling only a couple of times, I would politely ask that you rethink the situation. Then put you in another group.

just my .02, take it for what it's worth

• Speaking as a stocker... while I can see that some people with "built" Jeeps might get bored on a stocker ride, I don't see any reason to not let them come and roll with everybody else. While all the people with stock Jeeps scare themselves, the built Jeeps can have a nice scenic ride. If nothing else, they can pull out any stocker who got him/herself stuck in a bad spot. ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!