New Jeeps..sort of...

• [size=18px]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

:bang:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• okay, okay...but look at it this way, if these little Jeeps get more money coming into the brand and allow the real Jeeps to survive, I'd consider them a necessary evil. I'd hate to see Jeep go the way of Oldsmobile or Plymouth and get absorbed by the parent company.

DrJ

• My wife would LOVE to have a Jeep-equivalent to a Subaru Forester, the Subaru's were considerably more than our KJ, and no discounting by the dealers we talked to, just like the CRV (thank God).

DrJ

• Quote from "Rob"

I gota tell ya I dont like, not at all. Its some kinda ricer.

you know.... scarey thought.... someone pimping them out to look like one of the cars from Fast and Furious :down:

• I'd drive the Compass as a daily, it wouldn't see any trail time obviously. Right now, it's looking better than the corolla I currently drive. I would hate to see one pimped out though, sacrilege!

The Patriot thing, which no one has really talked about here, just looks like a Liberty to me. I'll admit I didn't read anything about it, just looked at the pictures, but what's the difference?

• Quote from "SarasGP"

[size=18px]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

:bang:

X3............
    No way am I ever going to drive anything that looks like a station wagon or a mini-van. This opinion only pertains to me and my preferences.

• Quote from "wanderlust"

I'll admit I didn't read anything about it, just looked at the pictures, but what's the difference?

Dimension.......Jeep Compass......2001 Subaru Forrester AWD
    Wheelbase......103.70..................99.40
    Length............173.40..................175.59
    Width..............69.30...................68.30
    Height.............63.30...................66.4
    Clearance........7.10....................7.48
    Weight............n/a......................3020.33

According to Motortrend the target market for this vehicle is the Toyota Scion

Dimension.......Jeep Partiot.......Jeep Liberty
    Wheelbase......103.70...............104.30
    Length............173.70...............174.40
    Width..............69.10................71.60
    Height.............65.60................71.90
    Clearance.......8.30..................9.50
    Weight............n/a...................3858.40

According to Road and Track the target market for this vehicle is the Forrester.

• Quote from "joo"

Isn't there a 7 inch clearance rule for the beach? That means those two can make there way out there...

3) No Surf Fishing Permit shall be issued to any vehicle which measures less than seven (7) inches between the lowest point of the vehicle and the ground.

That means they can buy a permit.

And it's not like anyone runs out with a ruler and measures when purchasing the permit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!