Re-gearing question-new to board

• Hey all,
    I live in Salisbury and would like to re-gear to 4.56's. I have a 5.5 RK lift and 35's. Who does a good job around this area? I want it done right. I understand it can be a pretty tricky job if you don'y have the correct tools.
    How much would I be looking at to have the front/rear done total? What changes will I notice after the install?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Hi and welcome to the board :wavey:
    If you are looking to have it done professionally you may want to
    get up with Chuck. (Maybe he will chime in)
    He had his done when he put in lockers.
    Think he was happy with the guy he used.

• Alos, make sure you get the correct gear sets if you order them. You need to tell them you have the Rubicon with the factory lockers if you are keeping them. If you are putting different lockers in then the housing requires spacers to shim the carrier correctly. Just trying to help.

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Is that where AJ's used to be ?

Not sure. :hmm: It's always been Bill Cannons since I can remember. It's just before Selbyville Ford Tractor on the northbound side of 113.

• Any prices? I expect I will pay around $1K for the whole deal..? Sound about right? What will I notice? More useable powerband? Better gas mileage? More "power" for climbing?

• Quote from "03Rubicon"

Any prices? I expect I will pay around $1K for the whole deal..? Sound about right?

I think mine was about 750-800 total for front and rear. That was a few years back though. :smile:

• Yukon makes the gears and with an install kit they should be around $525.00 or so give or take. Installation usually runs $400 for two R&Ps at most shops again give or take.

One word of advice get 4.88s not 4.56s with 35s on your Rubi as the 4.88s are as close to perfect as you can get in my experience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!