OK it's RTI Ramp Time

• We have kicked this idea around several times but now we have the ability, funds and people willing to build the ramp Even a central place to keep it.
    All we need is some plans.

Use this area to post information on the plans, parts, and building of the ramp.

I will check with DMV on the title issue.

Here is the first set of plans for review.

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/rti/

http://www.highriders.ca/documents/rti_ramp.htm

• Joe

We didn't get into the full of what's needed for this. Do you think we should put together an RTI committee? Maybe Tony and Quadna if they're willing, and whoever else can lend a hand. We can set responsibilites, such as getting a parts list together, and having the committed approve it, then get quotes from some places on materials, and get them purchased.

Just some ideas to get things rolling

• I still have the frame rails from the '60's something Scout. They look like they are 4x4 box tubing. They'd work well for the main floor. They are no longer connected to each other because I cut the cross members in half. I also have various CJ spindles and hubs that we could use for the wheels.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I like the spindle and hub idea we would also need some rotors to go along with them I could build a plate of flat stock to bolt to the back side of the spindles. we would use 1/2 plate steel for that and then weld a peice of 2x2 square tube to the new backing plate and then slide that into a hitch reciver tube and then we could pin the tires in place with a trailer hitch design. Besides I already have tires that would fit.

So john we need to know what you need to make the spindles complete wheel, bearings rotors,seals so one and so forth hopefully this can all be put together out of spare parts so we dont have to buy anything new other than the wheel bearings that is. This would also be a good reason to do those up grades guys....

I can use one of the links from above to get a price list along with some other ideas but need to know what if that is the design that we want to go with.

If I build this like I do anything else it will be based off of a design and I will add alot to it to make it stronger in the process. I never build anything strictly to design to let you know.

• here is the steel list that I need based in the plans from above plus a little extra to reinforce it. I have added some more bracing to the upper supports and put cross braces every 15 ins on top this should take away the need for the wire mesh but I still think it is a good idea to have it ut we can wait till it is done to check or sure.

we need 6 peices of 2x2 angle 3/16 thick 20 ft long
    we need 2 peices of 2x2 anlge 1/8 thick 20 ft long
    we need 2 peices of 8x8 1/2 in think flat stock
    we need a set of 5on5 spidles with all wheel bearings rotors hubs everything to complete the outer edge of a axle
    I have 2 5x5 rims and tires to donate
    we need 2 peices of reciver stock 18in long
    we need 1 peice of 2x2 square tube 1/4 thick 80 ins long and 2 reciver pins

• we will also need what ever it takes to put the the attacment point to the ting to unless someone want to donate a tow bar for the cause then that would work real well...

• I have a straight draw bar it will fit a 2" receiver. We could cut the ball mount off and weld a locking tongue piece on it.

Quote from "Da Mutt"

we will also need what ever it takes to put the the attacment point to the ting to unless someone want to donate a tow bar for the cause then that would work real well...

• I'm pretty sure I have hubs also and some 15" rims as well. You might want to use the ones I got because they are older and less valuable since they can't be used for disc brakes (also that would get them out of my yard).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I can take them either way I know a person that collects scrape steel that would take what you have lying around

• Do you really need 20 ft. of that angle? I guess it gets used up in the in various parts.

How soon do you want the parts gathered?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

Do you really need 20 ft. of that angle? I guess it gets used up in the in various parts.

How soon do you want the parts gathered?

Nope I need about 160 ft of 2x2 angle iron :suspicious: . I am going to get my big welder at the pa jeep show and will have to have the garage wired to accept it but after that I should be ready to build so I would think that if we could get it all together by the next meeting we should be able to get it built the next weekend after depending on my days off at my new job I start on the 1st of aug

• here are the adjustments I made to the above plans

before

after

the big bar at the bacl botom would be the 2x2 square tube and is what the 18in long reciver tubes would slide over. the reciver tubes would be welded to the 1/2 plate steel that would be bolted to the spindles.

So what do you all think. Oh and remeber this is for a 20 deg ramp. we really need to decided what we want for total degrees and I can adjust the plans I thnk for the most part the 20 should be fine but what ever every one else wants is fine. A higher degree ramp would also require more steel but not to much more.

• If you need any help with material, welding, etc., I will be here at Miller Metal Fabrication during business hours, 302 398 0300.

• I stopped at the tracor supply this evening and got some more prices

Brake/stop/turn signals $11 a peice we need 2

12in long reciver hitches are $23 a peice we need 2

the trailer tongue is $17

Hey simon if you could get us prices on the above peices of steel that would be great. If I dont hear from you by thursday i will give you a call

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

Brake/stop/turn signals $11 a peice we need 2

I wonder if anybody in the club who's done the LED conversion would be willing to donate their old lights?

• I'm sure someone will have the tail lights laying around. Can the plans be adjusted to accept the metal that we already have available?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• hey john post a pic of it for me so I can look at it we may be able to use it but I am not sure we really need around 14 ft of flat stock for the botton and the same for the top we maybe able to cut it up for upright support but would have to look at it to be sure

• Quote from "DCC"

I wonder if anybody in the club who's done the LED conversion would be willing to donate their old lights?

I guess I should have hung on to mine a little longer, I sold them at our last yard sale. :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!