2.5L / 4.0L stock springs swap

• Are the springs from 2002 Wrangler 4.0L compatable with a '97 Wrangler 2.5L? We are questioning if the 4.0L's are beefier because of the larger engine. This project will be a beach cruiser, not a rock climber. Let the mods begin

• yes and yes

thats what we did to sara's jp
    6cyl springs from a 03 sahara
    into her 97se 4cyl with budget boost
    when she order the disco's (0-2")
    they were too small to properly set her front sway bar angle
    hth

• if you need stock springs or anything else let me know... I will have it all off on the 25th

ed

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• What Andrew said. I got almost an extra inch with the Sahara springs on my SE (it's a '97 also). I had to order the 2-6" discos for them to fit, since the shorter ones were maxed out. I think Josh still has the shorter discos from my Jeep.

Thanks again Matty.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• sounds like thats a go on the swap

we should do shocks too while we're there... mine have 70 thoushand less on them

on a side note let hear it for post #1!

• i have anything you need from my 2005 control arms springs shocks all the parts only have 7000 miles on them. just toss me a few bucks and you can take it all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!